Flat screen LCD TVs on Summit?

donnysmom

:oThat would be true if you were able to access channel 3 or 4 which also are disabled (at least on the Millie with their new LCD 32 inch TV's) I assume the people at "X" have covered that possibility on all their ships.... or have you successfully done it?:confused:

Not on X, on RCCL a few years back. DW and I seldom turn on our TV, but our Kids are usually in the Cabin across the hall and we usually figure something out. (We had an RF adaptor for an old PS two which used to be what we used for the long drive to Galveston).

Now we have a Laptop and they have i-touches, so I doubt we'll mess with it.

I just doubt that there is "just no way" to deal with it if you put your mind to it.

Not on X, on RCCL a few years back. DW and I seldom turn on our TV, but our Kids are usually in the Cabin across the hall and we usually figure something out. (We had an RF adaptor for an old PS two which used to be what we used for the long drive to Galveston).

Now we have a Laptop and they have i-touches, so I doubt we'll mess with it.

I just doubt that there is "just no way" to deal with it if you put your mind to it.

I'll bring our adaptor for our Summit cruise in a few weeks, they apparently haven't retired the tube TVs for LCDs yet so maybe the adaptor will work...

Can't hurt to try.... of no argument I'm sure is that it's frustrating that the input has been disabled.... :mad:

Not so fast my friend!

From the Celebrity website (Concierge Class):

"32" LCD television"

Also, if you bring a portable DVD player, flat screens are awesome! There's not much to look at on cruise programming anyway. And we could care less how good CNN looks on tv. Personally, any advantage on space is a plus. A lot of stuff can go where the old TVs used to be.

We sailed her the week of March 20th (cc 6059), and as of that date our room had tube tv.

Archived