Ship Time

adelchamps

Quick question for anyone who has cruised with ncl before (my first on ncl).........does ship remain on miami (eastern) time zone or does it take on the time in port of call? Im am cruising on March 28.....

Currently in

Miami it is 11:45am

Belize City, Belize 9:45am

Roatan, Honduras 9:45 am

Costa Maya, Mexico 9:45 am

So if we stay on Miami time we get to each port at 6am and leave at 3pm.......I get up early but that is awful early for the beach. Just curious so i can plan accordingly.

April

Ships always change to be in sinc with whatever time zones they're in. The best tip I can give you is to check your dailies everyday because in there is where you will get info about turning your clocks forward or backward. We always read our dailies every night before we go to bed.:D No matter where you are or what time it is where you came from, you should always have your watch set to whatever time the ship has theirs, because you never want to miss the ship.:eek:

Ships always change to be in sinc with whatever time zones they're in. The best tip I can give you is to check your dailies everyday because in there is where you will get info about turning your clocks forward or backward. We always read our dailies every night before we go to bed.:D No matter where you are or what time it is where you came from, you should always have your watch set to whatever time the ship has theirs, because you never want to miss the ship.:eek:

Most of the time, they do sync to local, but not always. Do not trust what anybody says. When you are onboard they will let you know what they are doing "this week".

Quick question for anyone who has cruised with ncl before (my first on ncl).........does ship remain on miami (eastern) time zone or does it take on the time in port of call? Im am cruising on March 28.....

Currently in

Miami it is 11:45am

Belize City, Belize 9:45am

Roatan, Honduras 9:45 am

Costa Maya, Mexico 9:45 am

So if we stay on Miami time we get to each port at 6am and leave at 3pm.......I get up early but that is awful early for the beach. Just curious so i can plan accordingly.

I believe we went back an hour.

Watch out,When We were on our Mexican Riviera cruise,I set my watch on my cellphone,and it changed times,WE ALMOST MISSED our excursion,because the cellphone reset itself.

We thought we were an hour and 20 minutes from the excursion,In fact It was 20 minutes,ahhhhhhh.:(

Now I bought a cheap alarm clock,that I set to whatever the ships times is.

Play it safe.:)

Archived