Restaurant Hours on NCL Sun

KimberleyFL

I'm interested in this as well so will pull your question back up to the top. I understand there is no Blue Lagoon which is the usual NCL 24 hour restaurant on the Jewel class anyway. Wonder if some other restaurant replaces it being open 24 hours on the Sun.

I'm hoping someone who has been on the Sun will have a better answer for us, but I found this on a cruise website listed as one of the dining options:

24-Hour Indoor/Outdoor Café

That sounds like the buffet/Outdoor grill, maybe?

We cruised on the sun in November and hung out in the Sports Bar late one night. They called last call and kicked us out around 2:00 a.m. as I recall. They serve food until the bar closes.

The Garden Cafe has a spread as well which quits serving around 11 or 12.

I'm hoping someone who has been on the Sun will have a better answer for us, but I found this on a cruise website listed as one of the dining options:

24-Hour Indoor/Outdoor Café

That sounds like the buffet/Outdoor grill, maybe?

Maybe after the Sun moves to Port Canaveral there well be more posts. I hope so as I'm thinking of cruising on the Sun in January.

We cruised on the sun in November and hung out in the Sports Bar late one night. They called last call and kicked us out around 2:00 a.m. as I recall. They serve food until the bar closes.

The Garden Cafe has a spread as well which quits serving around 11 or 12.

the "late" night food places are GOOD to know as we certainly will miss the BLUE LAGOON on our dec B2B on the SUN...but we are so looking forward to sailing her~~

I have not sailed on the Sun so I do not know about the 24 hr restraunts but we are booked on the Sun leaving London on Sept. 20 . Is anyone else on this cruise?

I would love to hear from you or anyone who has done Northern Europe on the Sun.

Dixie Doo

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know what hours the restaurants on the Sun are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Are there any 24 hour restaurants (besides room service)?

I have not sailed on the Sun so I do not know about the 24 hr restraunts but we are booked on the Sun leaving London on Sept. 20 . Is anyone else on this cruise? ... Dixie Doo

If you go to the Roll Calls board/NCL/Norwegian Sun we have a really active Roll Call for the 9/20 Dover to Norway, Shetland Islands, Faroe Islands etc. Many of us are already signed up together for Golden Circle tour on Iceland, and there's also a tour from Greenoch Scotland organized as well as the Causeway tour out of Belfast Ireland.

So, come join us.

Here are the basics for the free restaurants. This schedule is typical for a sea day; the opening times are tweaked a little for the shore days with early port calls.

Breakfast:

Early Riser (Deck 11 Aft): 6:00am -7:00am

Garden Cafe: 6:30am - 10:30am

Great Outdoors: 6:00 - 11:00am

Seven Seas: 7:30 am - 9:30 am

Lunch:

Garden Cafe: Noon - 2:30pm

Great Outdoors: Noon - 2:30pm

Seven Seas: Noon - 1:30 pm

Pacific Heights: Noon - 2:30pm

Las Ramblas: Noon - 2:00pm

Dinner:

Garden Cafe: 5:30pm - 9:30pm

Great Outdoors: Noon - 2:30pm

Seven Seas: 6:00pm - 10:30 pm

Four Seasons: 5:30pm - 9:30pm

Pacific Heights: 5:30 - 10:30pm

Las Ramblas: 5:30pm - 10:00pm

There is no 24-hr restaurant, per se, but there's no trouble finding food at anytime. There is a sports bar on Deck 11 that is open from 5:30pm - 5:30am and room service is always available.

On days with early port calls (we had two 7:00am days on our recent SA cruise) room service typically received a massive number of orders for breakfast. As a result, they started early on the delivery. We had asked for breakfast to be delivered at 6:30am in Ushuaia; it was delivered at 5:30am. (Others in our cc roll call received their breakfasts even earlier.) Since the room service coffee was only tepid, we went upstairs to the Garden Cafe where it was quite crowded. They've taken steps to alleviate the crowding by opening up Las Ramblas and Pacific Heights for seating and when the weather was nice, sitting on the deck in the Great Outdoors or the pool area was a great option.

There is no 24-hr restaurant, per se, but there's no trouble finding food at anytime. There is a sports bar on Deck 11 that is open from 5:30pm - 5:30am and room service is always available.

i am thinking we can HANDLE not having a BLUE LAGOON more and more with these options...THANKS for the post...

BTW would you happen to know if they have POPCORN available...its usually at the RED LION on the STAR and on the JEWEL it wasnt around...had to ask HD for it--and JOHN came thru as it was served the next day--on the SPIRIT i know we got some so what about the SUN...its hubbys FAV!

Archived