first cruise FOS and need all the help i can get!

first Thank you for taking the time to check this out second here come the questions:

this will be the first time we have ever cruised and are very excited we have 3 kids 14,10 and 7 so we will be taking advantage of the kids clubs. For dinner we have a table for just our family and trust me that is a good thing.however my 2 youngest are very picky eaters and i have not been able to find out if there is a kids menu in the MDR, my middle child would eat grilled cheese every meal if he had the choice, so can any one tell me what the dinner menu would be for my youngest.

second we picked Freedom due to all the things to do onboard so can anyone tell me what the hours are for rock climbing, ice skating mini golf and pools? hate to think they are very limited on there hours. we are thinking of the dolphin swim or the turtle snorkling any suggestions on either? I'm sure there will be many more questions to come but right now the food and activities are my biggest concern.

thanks for any and all advice!

Yes, there is a child's menu, and they can order off the adult menu, too....Mix and Match! They have chicken fingers, mac and cheese, grilled cheese....all the "kid favorite" stuff.

Mini golf, skating, and the pools are open all the time. The times for the rock wall will be posted in your daily Compass...they vary.

No one will go hungry, or get bored....you can be assured of that!

second we picked Freedom due to all the things to do onboard so can anyone tell me what the hours are for rock climbing, ice skating mini golf and pools?

From our Western Caribbean Cruise Compasses

Rock Climbing

Day 1 - intro 5-7 PM

Day 2 - 9AM-noon & 1PM-5PM, @5PM is a Kids' Learn to Climb Sesssion

Day 3 - Family learn at 2:30 PM, then open 3:30-6:30 PM

Day 4 - 5-9 PM

Day 5 - 3:30-7:30 PM

Day 6 - 9-11 AM & 6-8 PM

Day 7 - 9AM-noon, teen competition @ noon, 1PM-5PM, adult competition @ 5PM

Ice Skating (fewer times available, we did it on Saturday)

Day 2 - 45 minute intervals starting at 9 AM until noon, then Teen (12-17) from 8-9:30 PM

Day 7 - 45 minute intervals starting at 9:45 AM until 5 PM (there are some 15 minute breaks for re-icing the rink)

Freedom Fairways golf - available 24 hours every day

Pools - available 24 hours every day, though there's lap swimming, aerobics and a few other activities 6-9AM or on some of the mornings

H20-Zone - for younger kids, 8 AM - 8 PM daily

when we booked we were asked if we wanted a table for just our family seeing as there is 5 of us, I said yes, so I assumed that would mean they would keep it just our family or am i wrong? one one thing im a little worried about formal night and what the kids should wear can my younger 2 just wear dress pants and dress shirt or does it need to be more formal? as for my husband he doesnt have have a suit but he does have his Army Dress blues should he bring those?

Thanks again for all the help

Hi. You will get many different opinions regarding dress code. Your boys will be fine in dress pants and shirt on formal night....maybe a tie for the teenager at dinner. Your husband's dress blues are perfect. You will have the opportunity for a great family photo with everyone dressed up.:) There's also a chance of other passengers buying your husband drinks as a way of saying thank you for his service.:D

Don't worry about the younger ones going hungry. There are a ton of choices! My DS, now 14, was 6 on his first cruise. He was also picky, but I was able to always find him something. Like a previous poster said, you can mix and match off both child and adult menus. One thing I recommend for the kids to try is the cold fruit soups on the adult menu(ie. strawberry, watermelon, peach). They are very refreshing. You can always order one, let them all try it, and order more if wanted. They also have appetizers on the kids menu, like veggies and dip and fruit cups.

Sorry can't help with your excursion choices. Have a great cruise.

when we booked we were asked if we wanted a table for just our family seeing as there is 5 of us, I said yes, so I assumed that would mean they would keep it just our family or am i wrong? one one thing im a little worried about formal night and what the kids should wear can my younger 2 just wear dress pants and dress shirt or does it need to be more formal? as for my husband he doesnt have have a suit but he does have his Army Dress blues should he bring those?

Thanks again for all the help

They always ask but it is just a request. It is only my experience; maybe other people have always gotten their request, but there are many more larger tables than round 5's. You can check when you first get onboard to be sure.

imo, dress pants, dress shirt and tie on children are fine. I am still debating whether or not to get my youngest a new jacket as he just grew out of his old one, and will be out of a new one in 6 months.

I am not sure about your husband but I'm sure someone will answer.

You can find out just about everything when you get on the ship. The schedules vary so there is no reason to try to prepare or plan. As for the food, I am sure they have delt with "picky eaters". Most will eat when they get hungry enough..

Archived