Jewel 11500

adelchamps

FYI - all of the minisuites on the Jewel, Jade, Gem, Pearl are the same. Each ship may have a slightly different color thing though.

And, I must include this: mini-suites do not get any suite perks. They are a deluxe balcony.

Here are pics of my cabin (11002), the mirror-image AF (on the starboard side opposite your port-side 11500) - well, almost mirror-image (off by 1 cabin). 11000 is actually the CD's cabin.

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

Thanks again John. I appreciate your responses. When did you cruise on jewel? Reason I ask is I was thinking minis had flat screens no biggie if they dont.

Sept 2009. AFAIK, they haven't switched out the old CRTs with flat-screens yet. The Gem and Pearl have the new tv's but not the Jewel.

Hi,

Does anyone have any pictures of minisuite 11500 on the Jewel? Thanks

April

April

I was just looking at this post and realized that this is the exact same stateroom my DH & I had 3 years ago on the Jewel :) Right smack in the front of the ship. You are right by the bridge and at times you go and watch the captains maneuver the ship. You will always be the first to know where we are going :) Too funny that we had the same exact cabin. One thing, you are not far from poolside. Only one floor up.

Sharon :)

The proximity to pool and elevator are my two favorite things about this room. Only thing i wish is the bed near balcony and sofa by bathroom, but from my understanding no minis are set up like this. See you soon. Do you drink wine? I'm thinking of bringing bottle to meet and greet. Swear i am not a lush but figured sharing a bottle with new friends would be a great way to start the cruise. Either wine to share or grab the captain morgan and magic bullet for some pina coladas.....:D

The proximity to pool and elevator are my two favorite things about this room. Only thing i wish is the bed near balcony and sofa by bathroom, but from my understanding no minis are set up like this. See you soon. Do you drink wine? I'm thinking of bringing bottle to meet and greet. Swear i am not a lush but figured sharing a bottle with new friends would be a great way to start the cruise. Either wine to share or grab the captain morgan and magic bullet for some pina coladas.....:D

April

Actually I like the layout of the room. The sitting area, desk, and tv are all by the doorwall that leads to the balcony and there is a drape that you can pull in case you would want to read or something in the evening and didn't want to disturb your DH. If you send me your e-mail address I can send you a good picture of the stateroom and also copies of the freestyle dailes so you can check out what will be going on.

We have a glass of wine occasionally, but we are definately not lushes ourselves. They may even offer us all a drink at the meet and greet. You will enjoy the meet and greet and meeting some of the crew. It's just pulling myself away from poolside that will be the hardest. We will probaby be the "old folks" on the block compared to the ages of some of the rest of you, but we do know how to have fun!!

I can't believe I called you LISA ...she's the one who sent over the freestyle dailies DUH!!

Sharon

My e-mail is dreamalittledream41180@hotmail.com

In all honesty, DH and I usually end up spending a lot our time with late 40s+ singles and couples when we cruise. The so-called empty nesters or those with older teenagers. We do no have children (as my husband affectinately calls us we are DINKS "Dual Income No Kids"), and most couples our own age tend to have children especially on cruises. Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the meet and greet crew. The awesome aspect of cruising is it is always an adventure and you just never know what types of experiences you will encounter and the type of people you will meet.:D

Hi,

Does anyone have any pictures of minisuite 11500 on the Jewel? Thanks

April

Great cabin. We stayed in 11504, our friends stayed in 11502 & 11500 in the Med in 2007. Best location for a mini suite on the Jewel. The bridge viewing area is really interesting. If I can find any cabin photos will send

along

rossworld

No pictures, but we are right across the hall from you in 11006. March 28 Jewel right? Stop by and say hello!!

Yes I am on the Jewel March 28th. See you in 4 Days:D

We are about in the middle in 11068. SEA you both at the Meet & Greet :) We are from Michigan also. Ready for some fun in the sun :)

Yes I am on the Jewel March 28th. See you in 4 Days:D

April.....Our friends that are sailing with us just got upgraded to the mini-suite right next to yours and her name is April too!! :o So I am sure will will see you there. We are at the opposite end of deck 11. Counting the days!!

April

The main difference in a handicapped room is that it is bigger! Wider aisles and bigger bathrooms. The bathroom will probably have grab bars in the shower. We had a handicapped hotel room last summer because that was the best available (not that we needed one) and we loved the extra space. I know you have to be excited. I wouldn't know what to with all that "extra" attention and service, but I think I could get used to it. Enjoy :)

Sharon

• 1 year later...

Just saw your post below...and I know it's an old one. But I'm trying to see if the bridge blocks the view from this cabin when on the balcony...I know it's a ways back from the bridge, so it shouldn't be too bad...but wondering if you might have any photos looking that direction?

Here are pics of my cabin (11002), the mirror-image AF (on the starboard side opposite your port-side 11500) - well, almost mirror-image (off by 1 cabin). 11000 is actually the CD's cabin.

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

Just saw your post below...and I know it's an old one. But I'm trying to see if the bridge blocks the view from this cabin when on the balcony...I know it's a ways back from the bridge, so it shouldn't be too bad...but wondering if you might have any photos looking that direction?

Looking forward towards the bridge from the balcony, you definitely will have part of your view blocked by the bridge.

Here's a shot of the ship's exterior. Deck 11 is the deck that has the section of the bridge that juts out.

IMG_8301.jpg

And here's a shot taken from the balcony directly to the left (towards the front of the ship).

IMG_8305.jpg

Here's a link to my full Jewel album if you're interested (warning: 402 pics):

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/johnql/Jewel%20Trans-Atlantic%202009/Jewel%20TA%202009%20Ship%20and%20Cabins/

These were great!! Thank you so much for sharing!! How was the behind the scenes tour? Was that the "Platinum" level tour? We're headed to Platinum by the end of this year...can't wait!!

Looking forward towards the bridge from the balcony, you definitely will have part of your view blocked by the bridge.

Here's a shot of the ship's exterior. Deck 11 is the deck that has the section of the bridge that juts out.

IMG_8301.jpg

And here's a shot taken from the balcony directly to the left (towards the front of the ship).

IMG_8305.jpg

Here's a link to my full Jewel album if you're interested (warning: 402 pics):

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/johnql/Jewel%20Trans-Atlantic%202009/Jewel%20TA%202009%20Ship%20and%20Cabins/

Archived