Insignia Nov. 2010 Med Itinerary Tips

~Fianna

This is our first visit :) We were in Madrid after our last Med cruise and when we came back, everyone told us we were idiots not to make it out to Barcelona.

It was the end in Barcelona that really, really sold DH on this itinerary.

I know that we want to get out to Penedes and Priorat from Barcelona (probably as day trips) any thoughts on how to do that?

Anything you particularly recommend we see/do in BCN?

We're booked at H10 Montcada which is on Via Laietana. We got a pretty good deal on it through venere.com (4*, 5 nights, with breakfast and spa access for €515) Looking at the map, it looked very near a Metro stop, which is almost the most important thing for us in Europe.

We're planning a very long Spain land trip as part of this vacation, so the current thought is 5 days in BCN, then some time traveling through La Rioja, Ribera del Duero and Toro and then down to Madrid.

Hi Kat, We too are booked at the H10 Montcada (great reviews) getting in on Nov 24. Since we've been to Barcelona several times we may try to take the train out to Sitges and some other villages. Are you coming back to the rollcall? I'm still hoping more people will join us. I've never been on such a slow one.

Rhona (aka cruzluvers):)

Another not to be missed place is the Hospital, yes the hospital. It is near the Sagrada and is a amazing collection of buildings and gardens. And it is a working hospital. I think itis called Hopital St. Pau. You will find it in the guidebooks. :D

I was looking into the Venice to Barcelona - November 10 - 24, 2010 and was wondering if this is the cruise you're on? I just started a roll call because I couldn't find one. All of the suggestions sound wonderful. Aren't the cruisecritic.com users the best? Thank you all!

I was looking into the Venice to Barcelona - November 10 - 24, 2010 and was wondering if this is the cruise you're on? I just started a roll call because I couldn't find one. All of the suggestions sound wonderful. Aren't the cruisecritic.com users the best? Thank you all!

I guess you missed the one already started at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=991232

I sure did! Thanks for locating that roll call for me! But what cruise is this post about?

It is more about the ports & what to do there

The Roll Call is where you meet & share tours with your fellow passengers

enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Archived