Renewing vows in Rome

GARNERSINMH

Hi everyone!

We will have a few days in Rome before a cruise and would like to renew our wedding vows. It will be late October so an outdoor setting is less likely. It will just be the two of us, no other family. We are thinking just a small, simple ceremony. Any thoughts on how to start? I've looked online and can only find wedding information. How about location suggestions? Thank you!

When we visited, a couple, and some family was having a wedding, I assume, or renewal of vows,not sure....they were an older couple....in one of the small side chapels in Vatican...it was on a weekday...could check in out on Vatican website...just a suggestion...also, try calling the hotel you ll be in for suggestions, such as garden,patio, small room for events,etc...let us know what you decide...and good luck....also,check website for Rome tourism ,even wedding sites could be used for renewal and they could provide priest or judge...:)

Are you a Roman Catholic? (I ask that because generally Catholic priests will not have a mass in a non-consecrated location, but may do a blessing.)

If you are Roman Catholic, the place to start is Santa Susanna, the American Catholic church in Rome. Their web site: http://www.santasusanna.org/

If you are Anglican Catholic (also known in the US as Episcopal), the place to start is St. Paul's within the Walls. Their web site: http://www.stpaulsrome.it/

I know that several Protestant denominations have churches in Rome but I don't know the specifics; you could check with your particular denomination for information and links.

Archived