We miss Carnival

relic937

Our first five cruises were on Carnival. Four were out of Port Canaveral on the Glory and one out of San Juan. On our last cruise out of Canaveral on the Glory my wife slipped on the deck and injured her leg. During x ray's they dropped a heavy xray board on her injured knee Things went down hill from there. It would take two pages to tell all that happened after the accident but let's just say it went down hill from there. All I wanted was an apology from Carnival but they were so concerned about a lawsuit that they never gave one.I even sent a letter to Carnival regarding our problems but we never had any form of apology. So we changed lines and are still doing two sailings a year on RCCI and Princess but we still miss Carnival . It was truly a fun ship line. It's just sad that everyone is so woried about lawsuits that they lose the human touch.

If you still miss them, why don't you just go back? You aren't going to sue them and they probably don't remember the incident and won't single you out. If you really like Carnival, go back and have a good time! I'm sorry your spouse went through these occurrences and hope she is well recovered. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. Don't enjoy being "right" over getting on with your life and living it to the fullest!

If you still miss them, why don't you just go back? You aren't going to sue them and they probably don't remember the incident and won't single you out. If you really like Carnival, go back and have a good time! I'm sorry your spouse went through these occurrences and hope she is well recovered. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. Don't enjoy being "right" over getting on with your life and living it to the fullest!

Well said.

Our first five cruises were on Carnival. Four were out of Port Canaveral on the Glory and one out of San Juan. On our last cruise out of Canaveral on the Glory my wife slipped on the deck and injured her leg. During x ray's they dropped a heavy xray board on her injured knee Things went down hill from there. It would take two pages to tell all that happened after the accident but let's just say it went down hill from there. All I wanted was an apology from Carnival but they were so concerned about a lawsuit that they never gave one.I even sent a letter to Carnival regarding our problems but we never had any form of apology. So we changed lines and are still doing two sailings a year on RCCI and Princess but we still miss Carnival . It was truly a fun ship line. It's just sad that everyone is so woried about lawsuits that they lose the human touch.

It is all about concern for lawsuits. Unfortunately, if a large (read: one with deep pockets) corporation apologises for an incident, some juries/judges may intrepret that as acknowledging liability.

The company, whether it be CCL or another, cannot really know your litigious intent. Not defending this type of policy, trust me.

It is what it is. :mad:

Hope your DW is better now and suffered no permanent injury.

Patty in Houston

I understand how you must have felt. We had a simular experience with Disney World. While staying at the Wilderness Lodge my then 3 year old son stepped on the elevator before his sister and I. Before we could get on the elevator the doors slapped shut and my son was trapped all alone. It was malfunctioning and started going up and down by itself. My poor son was on there all alone he must have been terrified. He had enough sense to pick up the emergency phone and call 911 and tell the OP that he was stuck in an elevator at the Wilderness Lodge. He even told them it was the elevator near the snack-bar. 911 then called the hotel and got maintenance involved. We finally heard comotion a few floors above and ran up the stairs where a nice couple was manually holding open the elevator doors just a few inches to talk to my son and keep him calm. Well the hotel finally got the doors open. This whole ordeal lasted way over one hour. Like you, all I wanted was an apology from the hotel for what had happened. ZIP is what we got. I can truely relate to how you must feel. Sometimes a simple apology goes a very looooong way.

Maybe give them another try and realize that perhaps it was just a matter of one or two people that did not pass your letter on to the proper dept. :) We did give Disney Hotels another try but the situation would have been so much nicer with a simple apology. That's all we wanted too.

Your denying yourselves the fun of cruising on Carnival (your words) and

Carnival doesn't even know your gone.......:confused:

I have thought of giving them another try but so far RCCI is so far above CCI . I will admit CCI is a lot cheaper to book with. My friends still sail CCI and one day we may also.

Then what was the point of this thread? If you like RCI better, sail them. If you wanna go back to Carnival, sail them.

Why post that you miss Carnival then post again and say RCI is better so you won't go back to Carnival. :confused:

I have thought of giving them another try but so far RCCI is so far above CCI . I will admit CCI is a lot cheaper to book with. My friends still sail CCI and one day we may also.

Then what is the reason for this thread?

I understand how you must have felt. We had a simular experience with Disney World. While staying at the Wilderness Lodge my then 3 year old son stepped on the elevator before his sister and I. Before we could get on the elevator the doors slapped shut and my son was trapped all alone. It was malfunctioning and started going up and down by itself. My poor son was on there all alone he must have been terrified. He had enough sense to pick up the emergency phone and call 911 and tell the OP that he was stuck in an elevator at the Wilderness Lodge. He even told them it was the elevator near the snack-bar. 911 then called the hotel and got maintenance involved. We finally heard comotion a few floors above and ran up the stairs where a nice couple was manually holding open the elevator doors just a few inches to talk to my son and keep him calm. Well the hotel finally got the doors open. This whole ordeal lasted way over one hour. Like you, all I wanted was an apology from the hotel for what had happened. ZIP is what we got. I can truely relate to how you must feel. Sometimes a simple apology goes a very looooong way.

Maybe give them another try and realize that perhaps it was just a matter of one or two people that did not pass your letter on to the proper dept. :) We did give Disney Hotels another try but the situation would have been so much nicer with a simple apology. That's all we wanted too.

It is all about concern for lawsuits. Unfortunately, if a large (read: one with deep pockets) corporation apologises for an incident, some juries/judges may intrepret that as acknowledging liability.

The company, whether it be CCL or another, cannot really know your litigious intent. Not defending this type of policy, trust me.

It is what it is. :mad:

Hope your DW is better now and suffered no permanent injury.

Patty in Houston

Patty is spot on. There is no way on God's Earth that any company is going to apologize, with the logic of, "If I did something, then I need to apologize." "If I didn't do anything, I have no need to apologize." You know they did something. They know they did something. But there is no way they are going to say it out loud because a jury could potentially add a few commas to that settlement if the company admits they did anything wrong whatsoever. Is this a sad state of affairs in this "sue happy" society we live in?? Heck yeah it is but until laws are changed making it ok to apologize and not be penalized for it in court, it will stay what it is. Silent.

Archived