email offering stateroom upgrade

catne

We just got an email offering a $20 upgrade to a "higher deck"...just wondering does this usually mean an interior cabin or totally obstructed view cabin? We have a balcony room now - is a higher deck all that much better?

We just got an email offering a $20 upgrade to a "higher deck"...just wondering does this usually mean an interior cabin or totally obstructed view cabin? We have a balcony room now - is a higher deck all that much better?

Depends on location, and no, if you are currently booked in a veranda cabin, you will remain in a veranda if you take the upgrade. Other than location, the cabins will be identical.

Did you book with a TA or direct with CCL?

We have a balcony room now - is a higher deck all that much better?

...not if the "higher deck" happens to be below the 24-hour Tap Dancing Studio.

If you decide to take them up on the offer, call them up and have a copy of the deck plan handy--carefully check what is above, below and to each side of the room they're offering.

I would call and find out what exactly the details are.

FWIW, I would love to be able to go to a higher deck for only $20! We are on the Upper deck and would prefer to be higher. Right now an upgrade for all 4 of us would run us about $100 total since the 3/4 passenger rates have gone up.

right now we're on the upper deck (6), Destiny is the ship and wouldn't mind being on a higher deck since there's so much potentially noisy stuff below us on deck 5

...when we booked early saver that deck was all they were offering at that price, so took it. Going to call them in a minute here and get the details...have a window open on the computer with the deck plans - thanks for that suggestion about checking above & below.

the email is from funships@carnivalfunmail.com

I'm totally new to cruising, so did not know getting this type of email was unusual...used to Disney sending out a kazillion emails once you book anything with them so thought Carnival did the same thing. Have also got several emails from them about booking excursions, although we are already booked (through them) for excursions.

so I called them and was offered 7330, extended aft balcony room. Very happy to take that for $20 more than our Deck 6 regular balcony. After checking above/below on the room to see that it's cabins above & below the new room, I also did a quick search while talking to Carnival and found a picture of Destiny 7333 balcony (which is right next to the room we're offered) and LOVE the size of balcony & view of the water! Also love that that we're now not above a lounge. SOOO glad I bothered to read that email! Already got the email confirming the new room...can't believe I got that for $20. Husband is thrilled

Archived