Category 9a on Miracle

DebbieN

Good morning! New memeber here, but have been lurking for awhile. I think I have read through 1000 pages of posts and have learned ALOT from all of you, THANKS!

We are in the process of booking a cruise on the Miracle/sailing June 26th. There are 4 of us, myself, husband, 2 kids, 14 and 11. We are stuck between category 9 and 11. I believe the difference is about $650 total.

Anybody have any information on the Cat. 9 cabins? During my research, I have discovered that they are actually 260 sq. ft and the Cat. 11 are 275 sq. feet. Not much difference in my opinion. I only question their location, right beihnd the elevator.

:confused: I am soooooo confused, can anyone help?????

Hi from a fellow lurker. I know nothing about these cabins except that we are supposed to be in a 9A in 2 weeks on the 3 day Miracle cruise. I have heard the aft Cat 11 with a wrap around balcony are great! Lots of space and humongous balcony. I will be happy to report back on what the 9A was like when I return. There are so few of these- we are in the quad style- 6279 to be exact- it is hard to find folks who have been in these rooms. Good luck.

Hi,

My family and I are also sailing on the Miracle on 6/26. We've booked a category 11. This is also our first cruise so I don't have much information other than what I've found online. I chose the category 11 for the balcony and the extra room for the four of us. I have two daughters ages 3 & 11. I did find out that a category 11 entitles you to the skippers club which helps speed up embarkation(I'm not sure if there are any other benefits) but I don't know if category 9 is included.

We're so excited.

Kath

bahalter-please do take some pictures for me. I think I am going to book this today, just waiting to see if anyone else has info. I have my choice between the cabin your staying in or 7301, same cabin, different floor. I am so shocked that none of the Cat. 11 with wraparound balconies can sleep 4. I have seen pics of them and they are huge. I love the seperate bedroom area in those cabins, but..........I guess I am out of luck. Have a great time on your cruise!

Angel-nice to meet you! It's nice to meet people who are cruising at the same time. I am so looking forward to this cruise, I just want to get it booked so its definate!

Thanks for your quick replies.

I am also cruising on 6/26!! If you go with the cat. 9, just think how much fun you can have with the extra $650. There is so much to do, I find I am not in the cabin that much. I tried to start a roll call about 2 months ago but no replies, it is nice to finally have some others going on this sailing!! Connieps, we are in a cat 8I

Hey guys,

I tried to start a roll call for the Miracle on 6/26 also and have had no luck. We are so excited as this is our first cruise. There is so much info out here that I'm getting kind of overwhelmed, but it's a good overwhelmed. Hope to meet you guys on the ship.

Kath

Hi Kath, I replied on your roll call last night, I tried to start one awhile back with no luck!! Don't get overwhelmed. If you have any questions let me know, I have cruised alot with and without kids!! Connie

We are sailing on the Miracle cat 9A but not until July 24th (anyone else?). We have 2 kids (20 and 17) and booked this cabin for the extra room - didn't want to spend the extra on the Cat 11 as we have always sailed the four of us in one room and although tight it has been fine. The 9A is a step up for us. I have this site that I am told is the 9A - looks great

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/tours/carnivalpride/largerbalcony.htm

good luck but for me the $650 would be better spent on expenses once on board -

Kathy

I believe there are only two 9A's that accomodate four people. Those would have the normal 'king'/twin bed configuration with one 'upper' and a convertible sofabed. Also more room than the Cat. 8's and comparable to a Cat 11 suite. The only Cat. 11's that accomodate 4 passengers are on the sides of the ship. The 'wraps' are only for 2! :rolleyes:

Sounds like the 9A would be your best bet for the $$$, as well as lots of room.. The balcony is also bigger, though not in the 'wrap' configuration!

Book soon, so you are guaranteed the 9A which accomodates 4!! :)

Cat 11 is a suite. You get skippers club where available. It gives your priorty check in only. nothing else comes with the amenities of booking a suite. A suite has a jacuzzi tub/shower. plus vcr. in some cabins the cat 11 has a seperate bedroom/sitting room A 9A has a shower. (not sure about a tub. The elevators--you shouldnt hear at all.

4 to a cabin may I suggest an over the door shoe holder to keep your cabin organized. Send the kdis to the gym area to shower for dinner. Showers in the gym have bigger stalls and have 6 shower heads to clean you in all directions at the same time.

Thanks for all the quick replies! I have a 24 hour hold on the cat. 9, will make sure that my husband is ok with my choice. Not only did he lose out to the Valor, but it appears that he is not getting his room choice :p. Anyhow, anybody else with information on this category, please post! If not, I will anxiously await pictures!

And thanks for the shoe bag recommendation! I need to start jotting down all these tips and start stocking up!

Thanks everyone!

I didn't do a search, but you may want to go to the "Cabin Selection" forum and do a search on Spirit Class 9A. Try Miracle, Legend, Pride or Spirit as they are all the same. I've found lots of 'cabin' info on those boards.. :)

Also, try the 'photo gallery' and do the same search.. You may just find exactly what you are looking for.. ;) Worth a try!!

http://community.webshots.com/album/31383801XpzRawlFma

here you go. Pics of 9A on the spirit class are real hard to come by. If I had 4 in a cabin, I wouldnt go any lower. This looks like a great cabin.:)

here is a quad 9a on the spirit.

hope you can get that to load,

if not go to cruiseone.com, 360 degree tours,.... good luck,

http://www.cruisesupport.com/travel...ny%20(Cat.%209A)

click it a few times, it should come up o.k.

no they are not mine. someone posted them and I was thrilled because they are so rare. I had a 9A booked, but suite guarentee prices came up and I upgraded. (the price was the same)

anyway, thats not a door. Its just the wall between the door and another window. With a light switch on it:)

Kathy 555

So you liked 6279? That is the room my dh and I are supposed to be in for the Miracle 3 day cruise. Is there a tub or a shower? Is the balcony really much bigger? We are so excited! IS the bed a true king or two beds pushed together? I have heard conflicting info about this.

Thanks!

We really loved this room. Even though it is behind the elevator, there is no noise. You enter from the side. The bathroom has a shower with a curtain so be careful you can get water on the floor. It had a double sliding door closet and a narrow closet near the entrance to the room. I have a king size bed at home and this one was the same size. It was very comfortable. It had a pull down bed from the ceiling and a sofa under it. We had 4 in the room and had no problem. The balcony was great!! We tipped our room steward and asked if he could bring us a lounge - he did. I took a couple of naps out there as did my DH and DD. There is a nice size vanity area. You get a double door that opens out and a window on the other side of the TV that the person in the upper bunk can look out of. Last year we were on the Serenade and had to upper and two lower beds. It was so small - this was a dream. You will love it. If you need to charge camera batteries bring a power strip because there is only one outlet. You will love it!!

Archived