Vancouver at end of cruise

rkv

We get off the Mercury on May 30th at 7AM. We leave Vancouver airport at 3:20 PM. Are there lockers where we disembark so we can tour around town? We have done Vancouver several times and would really like to just enjoy areas of the city on our own... but what to do about the luggage? Thanks for your help.

There is a company, CDS Baggage, that will store your luggage at the port or take it to the airport and store it there for pick up. We sent ours to the airport & picked it up before out flight. You will not have a lot of time for touring before your flight, so sending the luggage on to the airport might be a big help.

We have a 2 pm flight out of Vancouver so we decided to take the ship's tour of the city and they drive you directly to the airport after the tour is over. We generally don't take the ship's tours but this way, we don't need to worry about luggage or transportation.

There is a company, CDS Baggage, that will store your luggage at the port or take it to the airport and store it there for pick up. We sent ours to the airport & picked it up before out flight. You will not have a lot of time for touring before your flight, so sending the luggage on to the airport might be a big help.

CDS role in things has now been taken over by Priority Baggage, here is a link for convenience.

http://www.prioritybaggage.ca/

CDS role in things has now been taken over by Priority Baggage, here is a link for convenience.

http://www.prioritybaggage.ca/

I just called them and they said they don't usually get the luggage at the airport until 4 pm so your flight needs to be after that time to use the service. :(

Guess I'm still stuck with the cruise line tour for now.

I am a little surprised by this as I would have thought that they would have all of the checked luggage by 10 am and would be able to move it to YVR shortly thereafter. However the cruise season has not yet started and maybe being new they haven't thought out the demand or the logistics yet. I would call them again closer to the date of your curise.

I am a little surprised by this as I would have thought that they would have all of the checked luggage by 10 am and would be able to move it to YVR shortly thereafter. However the cruise season has not yet started and maybe being new they haven't thought out the demand or the logistics yet. I would call them again closer to the date of your curise.

Very true! I'll try them closer to my cruise date. Thanks!

Archived