how strict are they with age restriction with Youth Programs

We are sailing on the June 27 - July 4 cruise w/ Explorer of the Sea and our youngest doesn't turn 3 until July 13 (she is however potty trained and has been for 4 months) The program description says children must be 3 and potty trained does anyone know if they make exceptions?? The rep's I've spoke with all give dif. answers. This is our first cruise and we have 4 children. (almost 3 y/o, 4, 7, 12) Any info would be great. Thanks!!

Let the flames begin,I would tell them she is 3.I mean she does turn 3 a week later.Officially,even if you have a birthday while aboard,you are considered the age you were upon boarding.I don't know if they say,have a manifest they go on,they list eligible kids,based on info PROVIDED by you when registering.I guess the best thing to do is wait till you get on and see what they say.If you E-mail,or call them..your just going to get the official answer.That is probably going to be a VERY full sailing,so...They could either have so many kids they don't want to deal with another,or have so many they don't notice....One week,,,thats a tough one...Good Luck.

Rhapsody Reunion 9-12-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

1_4_51.gif

mom2four

I hate to tell you this, but They are not going to let your 2yr old be apart of the aquanauts. They know how old he or she is and they make you bring your birthcertificate. When my grandson was almost 3 and potty trained we tried the same thing...it was no can do! Plus they are usually full to capacity during the summer peak seasons. It doesn't hurt to try, but don't expect it.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

Linda

Linda,

Thanks for the info. Last time I called and talked w/ a R.C. Rep. they told me to talk to "guest Relations" or the "Matr. D." shortly after boarding and they may make an exception BUT.. the rep. I talked to the day before said "NO EXCEPTIONS" Were you told "No way" by just the aquanaut program leader or did you try asking higher up the ladder and did you try arguing the matter? I was just so looking forward to a couple hours w/ no children and just the hubby but hey such is life we will still have a great time. My Addelina will however be quite upset to see her brother get to go play w/o her. (there is just a year between them and they do just about everything together)

My daughter weighs 36 lbs and is 40 1/2 inches tall. Her brother and her look like twins because they are only seperated by 3 lbs and 3/4 of an inch. Maybe they didn't ask you for info. because he was already listed on the manifest as being the correct age for the aquanaut program. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I just hate surprises and like having everything planned in advance.

The Adventure Ocean leaders get a list of the kids that are eligible to go to the club events. If your not found out immediately they will figure it out pretty quickly if someone actually checks.

Up next Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Then Jewel of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;12;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

He was close to a cutoff age, I dont know if that had anything to do with it or not, but I told them how old he was, and said, we would not lie to put him into a different age bracket. We wanted him in with the correct age group. They insisted on seeing the birth certificate.

I was checking into this for a friend, and this is what is on their website:

"Adventure Ocean is a free program, open to all guests ages 3-17. Children are separated by age: 3 to 5; 6 to 8; 9 to 11; 12 to 14; and 15 to 17. They must be at least 3 years of age and diaper-free (no pull-ups). There are no exceptions to this rule."

From this I gather that no exceptions mean no exceptions. I would not "lie" as another poster suggested. You never know when something may happen and an accident may occur.

Of course, I would always ask again when I got onboard, but I would realize there is a most definite probability that we would have to keep her with us for the entire cruise.

(26 prior cruises & 2 flights on Concorde)

It has been said that angels, while on Earth,

aren't allowed to show their wings,

but nothing was ever said

about not showing their whiskers. <^..^>

Archived