Noise in cabins?

Hi,

We are going on our first cruise next year, on the Pacific Dawn. Just wondering how much noise you hear from adjoining cabins?

We are on Baja Deck.

:)

We have been on many cruises now and never had a problem

with noise from next door.....

EXCEPT FOR.:D

*door slammers

*drawer slammers

*the very occassional TV too loud late at night.

Its very much like a Hotel really.

I guess it depends on your neighbours - but we never heard a thing on our cabin on Caribe deck on Dawn, and I imagine Baja would be the same.

On our Jewel cruise we met our neighbours, an elderly couple, who were concerned they might be too noisy for us. :) They were deaf and were worried we'd heard them shouting at each other in their cabin - but we never heard them at all.

The cabins are fairly noise proof. We did near our young neighbours occasionally, but it didn't worry us at all. (It was never late at night.) We never heard the couple on the other side of us and , in fact, only met them the day we disembarked!

Dont be too concerned about noise from neighbours, be more worried about lifeboat hydraulics :) Although we were on the Dawn Princess, our cabin was directly above the lifeboats, and the hydraulics would go off at all times of the night. Could never fugure out if it was faulty or we were just unfortunate :):)

I can't say that we have been disturbed at all during our 5 cruises - by noise from neighbours.

If anything it is ship noise that is most apparent (pretty obvious) . Has anybody from Brisbane noticed how noisy the ship gets around 4AM when you start to enter Moreton Bay ( compared to when at sea) ? My theory is that the engine/propellor noise is reflected off the shallow bottom of the Bay

Barry

Yes Barry - I agree with you. That last morning of any cruise is always so noisy when they hit the Brisbane River. I wish they would dock a little later in the day so that you could have a good night's sleep (and a bit of a sleep in!!!) After a wonderfully, relaxing and refreshing cruise, I always arrive home exhausted due to that early morning noise. Fingers crossed that next week's cruise will be different!!!:cool:

Hi Cazz0069

We are booked on Dawn Princess in May, and you now have me worried about lifeboat noise we are on Deck 9 Caribe C502 directly above lifeboats, is this anywhere near where you were?

Should I be concerned?

Lee:confused:

Hi Cazz0069

We are booked on Dawn Princess in May, and you now have me worried about lifeboat noise we are on Deck 9 Caribe C502 directly above lifeboats, is this anywhere near where you were?

Should I be concerned?

Lee:confused:

Hi Lee, Be afraid, be very afraid!!! We had C341 and regretably the noise was a real downer. To give you an indication of the sound, the first night it happened around 6am, and the cabin steward actually said it was the ships horn as we were going through fog. Now sticking our head out onto the balcony confirmed this was not right. Maintanance seemed to come fix it, but it still seemed to go off 2 or 3 times a night. We had several people try and fix it until the supervisor of the pursers desk advised it was the lifeboat hydraulics and that unfortunatly could not be rectified. It was never made clear as to whether this was just a constant noise or just something for this cruise. It was hard to believe that anyone could get used to the noise...

They ended up offering us both $280 OBC for the inconvenience, which certainly made it easier :) Look to be on the safe side i would request a cabin right away from the lifeboat area. Hope this helps:)

The only time we've ever struck noise was on the Oriana last year - and that wasn't too bad.

Our cabin was directly below the promenade deck and we heard the occasional jogger as they passed overhead.

They were asked several times in the ships newspaper not to do it [obviously some whinger grumbled:mad:] but nobody took any notice:p.

We just pulled the doona up higher and drifted off back to sleep. :D:)

No big deal.

hi lee, midship is a good position....if you ask for a change you may end up the front or to the aft of the ship....the cruise is sold out

i'm on the 8th may cruise on the Dawn Princess and we are on deck 11 midship with an inside...would you like to swap cabins

rkmw

We did have a major issue with noise on a cruise with neighbours on the bedhead to bedhead cabin.

For the first four nights of the cruise we were woken everynight at 2-30 am with loud banging that went on for nearly two hours. First night we put it down to late back to the cabin and possibly unpacking.

Second night same thing at same time. We spoke to the Pursers desk who said it would be sorted out. Didn't happen and by this stage we were at our wits end.

Finally had to have an appointment with the Passenger Services Manager who was wonderful. End result was that we were moved to another cabin, slightly lower category but PEACE for the remainder of the cruise.

We did hear that this couple were a problem on the ship in other areas and were put of the ship a couple of ports later.

We were unlucky; if it does ever happen to anyone, rest assured that there is help available. Make sure you go to the appropriate person, the desk it the first port of call but if that doesn't work take it further.

Have a wonderful cruise.

We were on Baja on the Dawn. The only noise issue we had was what we assumed to be the creaking of the ship. I got used to it, but the last day was pretty rough and the noise got much worse...but no neighbour issues.

Archived