Dinner question.

karensj

Everyone will go to their regularly assigned dinner hour and will be seated at the table they will sit at for their entire cruise.

I have never seen an open seating dinner on any HAL ship in the dining room. Not in over forty cruises. It would have to be the most unusual, extreme circumstance.

Thanks, S7S, we have early seating, for the first time (we usually have the later seating, but got stuck with 8:30 seating on the Rotterdam, which is too late for us, I can't believe 15 minutes made such a difference, but it did), on the Volendam, but I love the sailaway. Just trying to figure out if we have enough time to get ready for the 6:15 dinner without rushing or missing sailaway, if not, at least we can do the Lido in a pinch, or better yet, I should book the Pinnacle for that night, YUMMY!!!!

Either choice sounds like a good plan.

You could make a Pinnacle reservation.....half price is definitely an incentive. Or Lido is also a great alternative.

Isn't it wonderful to have Choices!!!

We always used to have 8:15 dinner and always wanted upper level seating. Now the upper level seating is at 8:00 and that is PERFECT for us. I actually like dining the few minutes earlier. That is my preferred time (7:30 - 8:00) to make reservations at home for dinner so it is ideal for us on the ships. I would NOT like having 8:30 dinner every night.

The cruise on the Volendam will be 6 of us, but next year in Feb on the Volendam I am expecting about 20 of us!!!!!!!!!!! We'll see when it actually comes down to booking. Everyone is always interested when we first start talking about it, but when its time to put down the $$, sometimes things change. I know I am going!!!!!

That is how it usually goes. :)

Six is a nice workable number. It's easy to coordinate everyone's desires and it seems easier to get most everyone to agree on various choices.

Sounds wonderful!!!

That is how it usually goes. :)

Six is a nice workable number. It's easy to coordinate everyone's desires and it seems easier to get most everyone to agree on various choices.

Sounds wonderful!!!

Everyone will go to their regularly assigned dinner hour and will be seated at the table they will sit at for their entire cruise.

I have never seen an open seating dinner on any HAL ship in the dining room. Not in over forty cruises. It would have to be the most unusual, extreme circumstance.

Gee, I must have gotten lucky on my Very First Cruise! On the Prinsendam last September/October we had one overnight in, I believe, Civitavecchia, where there were so few people in the dining room for dinner they allowed us to sit where we chose. Our dinner partners at a table for four were a delightful couple, both Doctors, both in their mid-90s. Fascinating, delightful people!

Lane

The on deck BBQ was held on the Zaandam the evening that we were in Tortola. There was "open seating" in the dining room that night from 5:45 pm to 8 pm.

8 pm meaning that was the latest you could arrive to be served.

Archived