"Exclusive Concierge Lounge"

NW Pacific

In reviewing our upcoing cruise in Oct. for price increases, reductions, etc. I noticed that AB suites and above have a description of access to my above title. I may have missed this before, sicne we have never booked an AB or above, but what does this include? this is on the GEM. I sure did notice already the price increase for this cruise since we booked in Sept. 2009, WOW and prices are to increase tomorrow! I procrastinated in booking and even back then had a hefty increase becasue I did not book 10 days earlier, sure glad I did book then or we probably would be reluctant to go now, but we do have our favorite type accomodations!!

• 2 weeks later...
The concierge lounge is the Star bar during the daytime, and is available to all suites AE and above.

Al

The suite amenities chart on the NCL web site shows access to the concierge lounge as one of the special services available to all suite passengers. I can't seem to find it or a Star bar anywhere on the deck plans for the Sun. Does it exist?

Isn't the Star Bar available to everyone during the day? It is right next to Cagney's ?????

:confused:

Kevin.. I had thought it was until we were on the Dawn or the Pearl. On one of them, and I believe it was the Dawn, they had a sign up at the entrance during the day that said something to the effect of "Private party" or something close to that. I never asked what specifically it was there for, but thought it was the way they kept it "closed" to all but suite guest. It really is just a place to find your Concierge because honestly why anyone else would want to be there I don't know. I can't say that I have ever seen anyone tending bar there during the day.. LOL.

Kevin.. I had thought it was until we were on the Dawn or the Pearl. On one of them, and I believe it was the Dawn, they had a sign up at the entrance during the day that said something to the effect of "Private party" or something close to that. I never asked what specifically it was there for, but thought it was the way they kept it "closed" to all but suite guest. It really is just a place to find your Concierge because honestly why anyone else would want to be there I don't know. I can't say that I have ever seen anyone tending bar there during the day.. LOL.

On one of our Dawn cruises, they had a martini tasting in the Star Bar. I don't believe the drinks are free for the suite guests, maybe just a place to gather? Not sure I get it either and I will be in a suite on the Jewel on May 1st. I will let you know what the big deal is. I thought the Star Bar was a place to maybe hang out if you had to wait a little while before you go to Cagneys. But then again, on the Dawn, they had a piano player playing the music of Frank Sinatra in there that was very good. But it was open to everyone.

On one of our Dawn cruises, they had a martini tasting in the Star Bar. I don't believe the drinks are free for the suite guests, maybe just a place to gather? Not sure I get it either and I will be in a suite on the Jewel on May 1st. I will let you know what the big deal is. I thought the Star Bar was a place to maybe hang out if you had to wait a little while before you go to Cagneys. But then again, on the Dawn, they had a piano player playing the music of Frank Sinatra in there that was very good. But it was open to everyone.

Oh now in the evenings when Cagneys is open it is available to anyone.. In fact, on the ships we have been on that have the Star Bar that is where they have held the "FOD" meetings. Except I believe on the Pearl they actually had them in Bliss..

On the Gem, you had to use your "suite" room key card to enter the "Concierge lounge" Star Bar during the morning and afternoon hours.

The Concierge "Ruth" had her desk inside as well as a desk for someone from the Shore Excursion area. It was like a private meeting where you can sit with the shore excursion rep and talk about excursions and decide if you would like to book something. The bar was never open,. but there were people in there watching the television, reading, playing cards and even sketching/drawing.

There were also all the menus arranged on a table for all the restaurants, just in case you wanted to see what the menu was like.

In the evening they did have F.O.D. meets as well as having the Bar open to everyone, including those waiting to be seated for Cagneys.

We never "hung" out in the concierge lounge during the day, just walked through to have breakfast in Cagneys or speak to the Concierge.

We have walked into the Star bar many times to talk to the Concierge about dinner or excursions, but never knew it was called the "Exclusive Conciege Lounge" I now feel complete. I will suggest on our next cruise that if they have a bowl of well drinks on the bar more(suite) guests would visit.

Archived