Santa Margherita to Riomaggiore Train

jerseyridgearts

A quick check of RailEurope shows trains running every 30-60 minutes or so. The trip takes about an hour.

Better double check your dates. In your signature you have the Eurodam embarking on May 18, 2010; the Holland America site has it as May 19, 2010.

Lew

Hi we are beaumontcruiser and we have not communicated on cruise critic before and we are not sure how to make posts and so we are trying to communicate with you. We are trying to find out if anyone on the Eurodam is taking an off shore excursion when we stop at he port Le Havre France on May 28/10 an off shore exursion day trip to Paris we are interested in sharing a day tour to Paris with a group where we are transported from La Havre to Paris and back in time for the ship to leave at 8:00 p.m. May 28/10?

Also could you please let us know how we can post and how we can communicate with others on the Eurodam on our cruise that starts May19/2010.

HI: We are not sure how to communicate with only Eurodam Holland American cruise that leaves from Civitavecchia Rome on May 19/2010. We would like to know if you, or anyone you communicate with on this cruise is booking some shore excursions at Santa Margherita or Paris, or Marseille, or Seville spain. What excursions are you taking and are you interested in sharing costs with a group if we can find a group to go on some shore excursions.

Also how do we communicate with the Eurodam Holland American cruise critic people that will be on board the Eurodam HOlland American cruise that leaves May 19/2010 out of Civitavecchia Rome?

A quick check of RailEurope shows trains running every 30-60 minutes or so. The trip takes about an hour.

Better double check your dates. In your signature you have the Eurodam embarking on May 18, 2010; the Holland America site has it as May 19, 2010.

Lew

Thanks Lew - yes, my signature date is wrong...we're sailing on the 19th!

HI: We are not sure how to communicate with only Eurodam Holland American cruise that leaves from Civitavecchia Rome on May 19/2010. We would like to know if you, or anyone you communicate with on this cruise is booking some shore excursions at Santa Margherita or Paris, or Marseille, or Seville spain. What excursions are you taking and are you interested in sharing costs with a group if we can find a group to go on some shore excursions.

Also how do we communicate with the Eurodam Holland American cruise critic people that will be on board the Eurodam HOlland American cruise that leaves May 19/2010 out of Civitavecchia Rome?

Good Morning! Come to this link for the Roll Call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=997474&highlight=

Quite a big group of cruisers for the Eurodam 5/19 - plus a Meet & Greet has been organized. Hope to meet you on board.

We are still deciding about how to get to Paris - such a short amount of time but I can't pass up the chance to see Paris....

Catherine (and Rick)

Hi Catherine and Rick. Thank you for the information and link as we don't know how to work this cruise critic very well yet. I hope we can meet at meet and greet and please let us know if you are going to go on a day tour of Paris as we are looking for a group to join on a day tour of Paris as we have not been to Paris, and we have not been to Spain, Portugal or any of these countries and ports. It will be a very interesting cruise. We are spending 4 days in Rome when we first arrive in Rome and at the end of the cruise we are spending 4 days in London.

To get back to train question,,,be sure to check at train station for regular train which stops at the towns and not the express which goes straigt thru,,,at least when we were there 2 yrs ago....we got on wrong train and ended up going past the towns we wanted and had to come back...we HAD checked the scedule but never knew one was EXPRESS,,,so learn from our experience and ASK at station before getting on....but it was a great experience when we got there...great scenery,good food, and its ITALY...:D

HI Catherine and Rick: Have you been to the ports before? We are looking forward to the shore excursions, however we are not sure which ones to take tours at or whether we will just hop on and hop off the city tour bus for instance in Barcelona Spain. We really want to take a day tour of Paris when we stop at La Havre port. Do you know whether any other cruisers on our ship might be interested in sharing costs for a day tour in Paris? We need to get from the port to Paris somehow. (Theresa & Ed)

To get back to train question,,,be sure to check at train station for regular train which stops at the towns and not the express which goes straigt thru,,,at least when we were there 2 yrs ago....we got on wrong train and ended up going past the towns we wanted and had to come back...we HAD checked the scedule but never knew one was EXPRESS,,,so learn from our experience and ASK at station before getting on....but it was a great experience when we got there...great scenery,good food, and its ITALY...:D

thanks Alexandra - that's exactly something I'm glad to know...I see there's a ferry too so I'm checking that for the return to the ship. And yes, its Italy!:D

HI Catherine and Rick: Have you been to the ports before? We are looking forward to the shore excursions, however we are not sure which ones to take tours at or whether we will just hop on and hop off the city tour bus for instance in Barcelona Spain. We really want to take a day tour of Paris when we stop at La Havre port. Do you know whether any other cruisers on our ship might be interested in sharing costs for a day tour in Paris? We need to get from the port to Paris somehow. (Theresa & Ed)

Hi Theresa and Ed - no, I've never been to Europe but my husband has year's ago. Have you checked the Holland America website for excursion ideas and prices? Its a starting point to see what's available and the prices.

There are several private shore excursions on our roll call - check post #110.

I think we're going to do a lot of 'on our own' tours too because everything and anything will be fascinating and wonderful for me.

Catherine

• 1 month later...
Good Morning! Come to this link for the Roll Call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=997474&highlight=

Quite a big group of cruisers for the Eurodam 5/19 - plus a Meet & Greet has been organized. Hope to meet you on board.

We are still deciding about how to get to Paris - such a short amount of time but I can't pass up the chance to see Paris....

Catherine (and Rick)

Hi Catherine and Rick are you going to the meet and greet on the Eurodam cruise that starts May 19/2010? How do we reserve for the meet and greet. My husband and I would like to go to the meet and greet. do you know what day and time the meet and greet will be held and where it will be held? We hope we can meet you and others.

Hi Catherine and Rick are you going to the meet and greet on the Eurodam cruise that starts May 19/2010? How do we reserve for the meet and greet. My husband and I would like to go to the meet and greet. do you know what day and time the meet and greet will be held and where it will be held? We hope we can meet you and others.

here's a link to one of the Roll Call posts about the meet & greet. Louis has planned the event for Sunday 5/23 at 10am in the Crow's Nest. Either reply to that post or send an email to Louis (taxmantoo) that you'd like to attend.

See you on board!

Catherine and Rick

Archived