Key west docking - Carnival Freedom

Hello. My wife and I are cruising to Key West on the Carnival Freedom on May 16. Does anyone know where it docks? We are planning to just stroll around but would like to see the Southermost Point and Margaritaville so are these within walking distance? Anyone else doing this cruise? (Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios)

When we were on the Freedom last Oct. we docked right in town. Yes you are able to walk to those places I suggest getting a map and planning it out. We did that and had a super time. Don't forget to stop at Sloppy Joes for a drink.

We are on that same cruise leaving next Sunday! I was told that we were docking at a military base, but the island is small, it might matter on what other ships are scheduled to dock that particular day. You can check it here though for sure

http://www.keywestcity.com/department/calendar.asp?fDD=13-192

It is walkable but it is a long walk. If you like walking it'll take you 20 min. or less. I spent 2 weeks at KW at Christmas and have family there. I've also been there twice on CCL cruises last year. Do try to visit the Hemingway House, it's great.

We were on this sailing in November and walked to the Southernmost point. It is a rather long walk if the temps are high...but definitely doable. Make some stops along the way into air-conditioned shops for a few minutes if you are bothered by the heat. Enjoy!! :) :)

We are on that same cruise leaving next Sunday! I was told that we were docking at a military base, but the island is small, it might matter on what other ships are scheduled to dock that particular day. You can check it here though for sure

http://www.keywestcity.com/department/calendar.asp?fDD=13-192

Actually, by the look of your link, the Freedom will be docking at Pier B on the 19th of April. Here is a description that I copied.

The Westin 'Pier B'

Pier B, located at the Westin Resort. It is close to downtown.

We stopped in Key West last September on the Fascination. It's quite a walk to the southernmost point, but you can rent all kinds of vehicles easily. We rented a Smart Car and had a blast. Just walk up from the port to the main street and you'll see lots of companies driving around with "Rent Me" on their vehicles. They stop at the curb or you can call the number on the sign and they'll pick you up. After you rent, they'll give you a map and mark anyplace you ask them to. We had a blast in KW (liked it better than Nassau).

Whatever you do, don't do the glass-bottom boat tour. It is very crowded and not worth it!

Hello. My wife and I are cruising to Key West on the Carnival Freedom on May 16. Does anyone know where it docks? We are planning to just stroll around but would like to see the Southermost Point and Margaritaville so are these within walking distance? Anyone else doing this cruise? (Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios)

Hello Ussenterprise, we'll be on there with you, and we can't wait. But to answer your question, it looks like we'll be docking at the Outer Navy Mole (*****) dock. And from what I'm reading on different posts (and experienced firsthand) is that we'll have to take a trolley to get down town. Not the most ideal place to dock but what are you gonna do, at least we are on vacation!!:)…Now the trolley might take you to the Southernmost Point and the other, or you may want to either rent a scooter, bike, etc. as an option to get around. Once you get downtown rental sites are all over the place.

But Key West is awsome, you'll have a blast. We’ve been there a couple times before and have always had a great time.

Hello Ussenterprise, we'll be on there with you, and we can't wait. But to answer your question, it looks like we'll be docking at the Outer Navy Mole (*****) dock. And from what I'm reading on different posts (and experienced firsthand) is that we'll have to take a trolley to get down town. Not the most ideal place to dock but what are you gonna do, at least we are on vacation!!:)…Now the trolley might take you to the Southernmost Point and the other, or you may want to either rent a scooter, bike, etc. as an option to get around. Once you get downtown rental sites are all over the place.

But Key West is awsome, you'll have a blast. We’ve been there a couple times before and have always had a great time.

Freedom will be in Key West on the 18th and on the April calendar it has a (B) next to it not a (*****):confused:

Freedom will be in Key West on the 18th and on the April calendar it has a (B) next to it not a (*****):confused:

I was actually referring to May 17th, that is when USSEnterprise & I will be docking at Key West. If you're hitting Key West on the 19th of April (according to the docking calendar) then you are correct in that you're hitting the (B) dock. For some reason they must like to switch it up, not sure what (B) is like though.

We did this cruise in February (oh how I wish I was there now or getting ready to go). We loved it. We docked at the military base and just walked around. It was a pretty good walk to Margaritaville, but well worth it!!! Drink a key lime drink for me at Hog's Breath Saloon~!!! Have a wonderful time. I am so envious!!!

Archived