dumb question about putting money on your seapass card

This is only second cruise, and first on RCL. The 1st was on Carnival. Instead of using a credit card, I went to the pursers desk after I boarded and gave them cash for my card. I watched it closely to make sure I didn't go over the amount.

Is this possible on RCL, or do you have to put a credit card down?

On our last cruise with RCL last year we gave them our direct debit card details and they swiped the card however on the last night (Less busy) we paid in cash $ and everything went fine no problems :)

Nigel

This is only second cruise, and first on RCL. The 1st was on Carnival. Instead of using a credit card, I went to the pursers desk after I boarded and gave them cash for my card. I watched it closely to make sure I didn't go over the amount.

Is this possible on RCL, or do you have to put a credit card down?

You put the cash on your sea pass card at the time of checking in, and not once you're on board. They require you to give them something, either the credit card or cash, right there at the check in desk. On some lines it's a minimum of $250 per person, and some require $300 per person.

If you want to have your seapass paid in cash, I suggest that you put cash down, and give them your card as a back up. If you go over the amount you gave in cash, have extra cash and pay it off as you go. They will always take cash at the desk and apply it to pay off your account as you go (At least on RCCL).

Archived