Casual Restaurants/Grocery Stores Near Denali National Park

bluetiger9192

Are there any fast food or casual dining restaurants near Denali National Park? What about groceries stores where we can pick up some snacks to take with us on the all-day shuttle? Would rather do that than get a boxed lunch from the hotel since we plan on being out the entire day (7am-last bus back)?

Depending on where you are coming from prior to arriving in

Denali, if you come from Anchorage you can stop in Wasilla. They have a WalMart, a Fred Meyer, a Safeway, etc. that you should be able to get snacks at. You don't state whether you will have a car or not. Are you on an organized tour or traveling independently? Are the snacks in addition to or instead of a boxed lunch? There is no food available inside the park.

We'll be coming from Anchorage so it looks like we will stock up on snacks/groceries there rather than an Denali. It looks like Subway is our best option for something quick that's not from a box or can.

With a car you are STRONGLY advised to have all your supplies purchased by Wasilla, as noted above. The stocks and prices at Denali Park are extremely limited compared to a full service grocery store. I pick up a 4 pack of muffins for breakfast from the bakery, a nice loaf of bread, peanut butter and jelly, bag of chips, water. Good for the whole day!!! Bring twice the napkins and have a plastic knife. :)

I'm wondering the same thing. We fly into Anchorage in the evening and then start our cruisetour with a bus pickup at 7:15 which I'm not real happy about. Our first TA screwed things up pretty bad and by the time I found a new one, there were only cruisetours available (only waitlist for cruise only) for our time slot so I took it. Anyway, on many of our trips, we find that we are dead tired by late afternoon and cancel our dinner reservations and just sit around the room eating cheese and crackers. SO I'd like some snacks to have on hand.

I'm hoping to find some store close to Hotel Captain Cook in Anchorage so we can stock up.

Archived