When your C&A status changes in the middle of a B2B?

This December my family is doing consecutive cruises on the Mariner, each cruise in an OS (the same one - YAY!), which means that we will move from Platinum to Diamond after the first of the B2B's. I'm wondering if becoming Diamond would entail any additional discount/benefit (we have already gotten our Platinum discount of $100 applied) that we can actually receive while on the second of the B2B's.

I know that cruise credits are generally not applied right away - seems to take several weeks to a month after the last cruise for them to show up in the system at RCCL online and even on the phone with agents. I know I should call an agent (we booked directly with RCCL) to confirm, but I'm wondering here whether anyone else has been in this situation and can give me insight now.

Thanks!

This December my family is doing consecutive cruises on the Mariner, each cruise in an OS (the same one - YAY!), which means that we will move from Platinum to Diamond after the first of the B2B's. I'm wondering if becoming Diamond would entail any additional discount/benefit (we have already gotten our Platinum discount of $100 applied) that we can actually receive while on the second of the B2B's.

I know that cruise credits are generally not applied right away - seems to take several weeks to a month after the last cruise for them to show up in the system at RCCL online and even on the phone with agents. I know I should call an agent (we booked directly with RCCL) to confirm, but I'm wondering here whether anyone else has been in this situation and can give me insight now.

Thanks!

As far as further discounts, I very much doubt, since you already have balcony discount, and nothing else you could get now would be combinable.

However, you will be able to get status upgrade for nightly diamond event. :D . Just see your loyalty ambassador on board, and he/she will set up your new "Diamond" status on the spot.. It may help if you have your previous cards since you became Platinum.. (Just in case troubles in verifying your previous cruises).

Have fun... Sue & Phil...

Thanks, Sue & Phil!

The cards we have now are actually our old Gold cards. Will they send us new, Platinum ones now that our status has (just, as in two weeks ago) changed to Platinum?

Sorry, should have been clearer.. Its any seapass cards you have from prior cruises from that I referring too.. If fact I dont think they issue actual physical "membership" cards anymore... Any kind of proof, such as your res numbers etc will probably do anyway.. Just saves Loyalty person doing masses of searches if you have the data available. You went through the ranks quickly, as we have.. We went from 0 to Diamond in 10 months, but still awaiting the complimentary pre dinner drinks too :)

Our status has changed so quickly because, after a balcony cabin on a Mariner cruise last year, four of us stuffed into the one small room, we leaped (in January, on the Liberty) at the chance to have an OS at a very low price. Now I'm not sure if we can ever go back!

Four in an OS is the perfect fit, especially when 3 of the 4 are very, very messy ... I decided I was tired of spending so much of my day on a cruise picking up and cleaning after other people ... Hey, that's what I do here at home. The extra storage is also a huge benefit.

But we are about to try out two connecting D1 balcony rooms this summer. No dining table to eat meals on, and no concierge benefits, but two rooms (and a double balcony after all).

Anyway, I blabber on. Thanks for your responses.

As far as I know there will be no new membership cards coming your way. The Membership cards are generic for all levels, except D+. As it´s now and we all know it may change, when reaching D+ you´ll receive a new membership card (which you don´t even need anyway) along with a pin and luggage tags.

Now on your B2B or as I think they call them consecutive cruises now, you should see the Loyalty Ambassador about this. S/He is the one to take care you are recognized with the proper membership level on the second leg. You will receive D perks on your second leg, including the D coupon booklet and it should say Diamond on your Seapass card. If it still says Platinum, see the LA and have it changed.

Now as for the increased balcony discount for the second leg I´m not sure how you will get that. Maybe it´s credited to you as OBC.

As far as further discounts, I very much doubt, since you already have balcony discount, and nothing else you could get now would be combinable.

However, you will be able to get status upgrade for nightly diamond event. :D . Just see your loyalty ambassador on board, and he/she will set up your new "Diamond" status on the spot.. It may help if you have your previous cards since you became Platinum.. (Just in case troubles in verifying your previous cruises).

Have fun... Sue & Phil...

Since they're in an OS and will have access to the CL, whether they get into the diamond event may not be much of an issue.

Archived