Room in stateroom for all our luggage?!

Cape Cod Sally

This is our first cruise. My husband and I are taking the 24 day cruise on June 7th from NYC to Norway and back. We are very excited!! We're getting a ride from Cape Cod to NYC so don't have to worry about airline luggage restrictions.--But-where do we store it in our room? How much luggage have the rest of you taken and how do you deal with it? We will be on the Britannia Club level. Look forward to any ideas--maybe duffel bag type luggage would help? Thank you, thank you--

Sally

This is our first cruise. My husband and I are taking the 24 day cruise on June 7th from NYC to Norway and back. We are very excited!! We're getting a ride from Cape Cod to NYC so don't have to worry about airline luggage restrictions.--But-where do we store it in our room? How much luggage have the rest of you taken and how do you deal with it? We will be on the Britannia Club level. Look forward to any ideas--maybe duffel bag type luggage would help? Thank you, thank you--

Sally

Hi! We travelled with 4 large hard sided suitcases, 2 carry on bags, and a back pack on our last trip, and they all fitted under the beds. We had to lift the beds up to get the larger 2 suitcases to go under them, but they still fitted OK in the end. Enjoy your trip!:)

Safari Girl is correct, QM2 has plenty of in-cabin storage for all of your cases. No worries at all.

I never needed to, but heard others have made arragments with Stewards to store empty cases for the voyage. Maybe others can comment on this part?

I think that this is more a QE2 thing - she had a Baggage Master - although never say never.

Probably best not to rely on it though. But there is plenty of room for any reasonable couple. Or even most unreasonable ones (in terms of luggage, I hasten to add).

Hi! We travelled with 4 large hard sided suitcases, 2 carry on bags, and a back pack on our last trip, and they all fitted under the beds. We had to lift the beds up to get the larger 2 suitcases to go under them, but they still fitted OK in the end. Enjoy your trip!:)

Agreed - on QV we have managed, without difficulty, to get four large suitcases (two large, two slightly smaller) under the bed. Before the advent of the extra drawers, the two larger suitcases also served as useful additional storage.

J

Although I have never had to ask for my luggage to be stored for me, I have had to ask that the cabin attendent put them under the bed, since I am very much a senior who travels solo.

If your cases are of different sizes, ie 27,25,22, soft carry ones, or even roll on carry ons, you probably can fit them inside each other (I do that an it works quite well)

Enjoy the cruise. I will be getting oof as you are waiting to get on.

Lynn

Sally

Hi Sally,

Come join our roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1048222

there are a few of us that will be doing the full 24 days round trip.

How much luggage have the rest of you taken and how do you deal with it? --maybe duffel bag type luggage would help?

Sally

We used ONE 21" suitcase a piece, not overweight, and a carryon bag that was enough for the 6 day TA crossing. Since you are on a bit longer, there are washing machines and dryers available for your self-service laundry needs. Washing soap is provided as well, so you will not have to pack a ton of everyday things for the 24 days.

If you have other bags besides the duffle bag type use those. Things pack better, flatter, less fuss in a regualr suitcase. Indeed like a previous poster stated, store your bags one inside the other. There is a nice closet for all clothes and shoes.

Thanks to everyone for the answers to my luggage question. Think we will be just fine. Can hardly wait! This is our first Queen journey. Found a good coffee-table book at the library with wonderful pictures of the ship. Also found a video---so we are ready to go!

Archived