Home from the Caribbean Princess!! Best cruise ever!

tcha

We're leaving Sunday on the same cruise! So excited to hear you had a great time and am looking forward to your review! How was the weather? Which island did you enjoy the most? Did you book any of your own tours and if so what? Yesterday it finally hit me that its almost here! :)

I am not OP, but my parents are also back from the same cruise.

They liked St Lucia and Barbados the most even though it was rainy. We did the same cruise in November and these two islands were our favourites to.. but Virgin Islands also are beautiful, and Virgin Gorda...aahh.

If they are still accepting, book a tour with Cosol in St Lucia... it was great for us and for my parents.

Glad you had an awesome cruise! Did you happen to notice if the dividers between the balconies open? We have a large family group going and have side-by-side rooms. The answer to opening the dividers seem to vary ship by ship.:)

How was the air conditioning? Does the ship have a lot of hot spots, or is it cool and confortable throughout?

Who was the captain and the CD? And, who was the entertainer in Crooners?

Cruise director was Neil Roberts. Very comfortable Ac in all parts of ship. Will look for Captain and Crooners ..still have not unpacked!!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Will be taking our 10 and 12 year old with us on the Caribbean this summer for the first time. Do you have kids and did they like the kids programs? We have also signed up for Traditional dining which we have never done. How was that experience? Any good food that we should not miss? The seafood buffet sounds yummy but my DS does not like seafood. Might have to hit it after our regular dinner. Crab legs are one of my favorites. How were the shows on the ship? Did you post a review yet? Thanks in advance.

We did not have any contact with the kids program. The kids I saw looked like they were having a blast. I loved the traditional dining but 2 nights we ate at the buffet due to trying to catch everything. I have not posted a review,trying to grade papers!!

We're leaving Sunday on the same cruise! So excited to hear you had a great time and am looking forward to your review! How was the weather? Which island did you enjoy the most? Did you book any of your own tours and if so what? Yesterday it finally hit me that its almost here! :)

We enjoyed every island. I loved taking the water taxi to Water Island when we were in St. Thomas $5 each way. St. Lucia we took a water taxi also to some shopping mall (it was raining) then we walked through the city. Barbados we took the city bus to Folkstone Marine Park $1.50 each way. Tortola we took a cab Brewer's Bay Beach. Antigua we took a cab to Long Bay Beach.We never do the ship tours anymore because we like to get off by ourselves to snorkel. We are used going by ourselves. We don't get nervous about getting back to the ship. We do go back about an hour before boarding though.

Glad you had an awesome cruise! Did you happen to notice if the dividers between the balconies open? We have a large family group going and have side-by-side rooms. The answer to opening the dividers seem to vary ship by ship.:)

On the Riviera deck they opened.

We enjoyed every island. I loved taking the water taxi to Water Island when we were in St. Thomas $5 each way. St. Lucia we took a water taxi also to some shopping mall (it was raining) then we walked through the city. Barbados we took the city bus to Folkstone Marine Park $1.50 each way. Tortola we took a cab Brewer's Bay Beach. Antigua we took a cab to Long Bay Beach.We never do the ship tours anymore because we like to get off by ourselves to snorkel. We are used going by ourselves. We don't get nervous about getting back to the ship. We do go back about an hour before boarding though.

Thanks for the ideas we don't have anything planned in St. Thomas or Tortola at this point so taking the water taxi sounds fun. We aren't booked on any ship tours either. Seems like there is alot private tours available and plenty to do. Can't wait!! :)

I am not OP, but my parents are also back from the same cruise.

They liked St Lucia and Barbados the most even though it was rainy. We did the same cruise in November and these two islands were our favourites to.. but Virgin Islands also are beautiful, and Virgin Gorda...aahh.

If they are still accepting, book a tour with Cosol in St Lucia... it was great for us and for my parents.

I don't think a little rain would spoil the fun either! I've heard that both islands are just beautiful. We're booked with Spencer Ambrose on St. Lucia and going on Silver Moon in Barbados. I've just heard how wonderful the So Caribbean is and am ready to see for myself!;)

Come join our roll call, I don't believe I have seen your name there? Come join us we need some more "westcoasters".

I will. I'm just finding time to begin getting excited. I'm a CPA and I've been working non-stop! I just get a few minutes here and there but I can begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel and am ready to get away and relax! Vacation never sounded so good... :)

Thanks for the ideas we don't have anything planned in St. Thomas or Tortola at this point so taking the water taxi sounds fun. We aren't booked on any ship tours either. Seems like there is alot private tours available and plenty to do. Can't wait!! :)

We walked to the water taxi from where the ship docked in St. Thomas. The taxi runs every hour. The beach there has a little beach bar and a place for grilled food. There was some shade under the trees. Beers were $4. Tortola taxi was a little more expensive. The taxi was $32. There were 4 of us and we bargained with the drivers. We had a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed you mentioned the seafood buffet in Cafe Caribe. My wife and I are going next month, and have been on that ship 4 times. Every time, they have had 2 nights when they transform Cafe Caribe to a Seafood Buffet, the first was cold with Maine Lobster Claws, and the second time was hot items with Crab Legs, and whole Caribbean Lobster. Is this still happening? Or did they cut it down to one night? What items besides Crab Legs did you notice on the Seafood Buffet? Thanks, and glad you had a great cruise!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Will be taking our 10 and 12 year old with us on the Caribbean this summer for the first time. Do you have kids and did they like the kids programs?

I was also on the same sailing as the OP, and I have a 14y year old who had an AMAZING time. There were tons of kids on the sailing (it was spring break) and they had a great teen club to hang out in. The teen club gave him a list of all the teen club activities for the week and it was very extensive and well planned and thought out keeping age-appropriate enjoyable activities in mind. Just to name a few...They had dance parties with a DJ, which got great reviews from my son. A few nights they played Wii on the big screen TV by the pool, which he really enjoyed. He also loved playing basketball with whomever was playing.

If you still haven't made plans for Tortola I would suggest a day trip to Virgin Gorda to see The Baths. We did this on our own through Speedy's for $48pp (I think) which included the ferry to/from Virgin Gorda, taxi to/from The Baths, and lunch (w/rum punch) at an outdoor restaurant a short walk from the ferry. we got back to Tortola early enough that we stopped at the Museum in town and went shopping at many of the shops in Roadtown too.

The Baths are an amazing experience and absolutely gorgeous. I just love looking at my pics from that day.

And as for St. Thomas... I would take the ferry over to St. John. We didn't do that on this cruise but gone to St. John on previous cruises and it is really one of the most beautiful islands you will ever see. Snorkeling is great there at Trunk Bay a pretty taxi ride from the ferry. They have facilities (food, baths, showers, lockers etc.) too. You can rent snorkel gear right on the beach for a small fee.

Archived