All Things Fantasy

NCTribeFan

Ditto!!

See you on deck...7 more days...woohoo!!

WooHoo Indeed!!!!!! I'm doing the happy dance!!! (and I hope your daughter is doing the labor dance - lol)

God willing, this time next week we'll all be happily ensconced in Charleston dreaming of our Fantasy :D

I was on the Fantasy Apr 2010 out of mobile. Here are a bunch of pics of my cabin, gym,and pool deck areas. All taken with a cell phone.

Keep in mind that the Fantasy is starting Bermuda cruises (5 days) out of Charlston starting next spring through fall 2011. I looked to book one and was already full for the season. At least all the "good" cabins were taken.

24595_1433011192248_1441963870_31150267_8196151_n.jpg.360d1d6fdbb8f1176ca1ceabe318d819.jpg

26095_1432981431504_1441963870_31150165_5255761_n.jpg.6584043f1decd2c3fbb096a921cec007.jpg

26095_1433012312276_1441963870_31150269_6732006_n.jpg.ca03b54473583364503955e6b1126f79.jpg

26095_1433013112296_1441963870_31150270_5267955_n.jpg.ea866193586061bf6f95385daefae695.jpg

26095_1433015952367_1441963870_31150286_3298858_n.jpg.2ddf271cc5e4bcf1872e025484a15773.jpg

Edited by david30101

Serinity area. I did like the unbrellas and padded chairs. You did have to get there early if you wanted "shade" under a unbrella. The 2 hot tubs were nice. But wish there was a regular pool since the hottubs got almost to hot for the sun and weather. there was 1 shower next to the one hot tub. The nearset bathroom was down stairs on port side corner behind the hot tub at bottom of stairs. There as a attendent on duty all day. It stayed open at night till about 10pm untill they drained the hotubs and took the cushions off chairs, however I was still able to sit there but without the cushion.

!cid__Photo0262.jpg.5e410b7f78fce58be9f175e8db6d4250.jpg

I was thinking about the Bermuda cruise but was a little disappointed they were only there 24 hours. You need at least 2 days but I might still consider it. I am thinking of the 7 days to Nassau, Grand Turks and Half Moon Cay. I have been to all of them before but I looooove Half Moon Cay and really want to go there and I think my son and his wife would love it. Grand Turks is very nice also. I think we will go to Atlantis for Nassau. I will see what fits in their schedule. The ship does look very nice and would be good for 1st time cruisers I believe. Any other feedback from anyone is welcome. I have also looked at the reviews from other CC members and the majority have been positive.;)

David - what cabin were you in?

Was in cabin V-9. I liked it..I have V-6 booked on the Inspiration for Nov 20th 2010. The balconys are very small. But since its a normal railing. I can sit in the chairs and hang my legs over the edge. Funny that people notice that when they walk by below my cabin.

Was in cabin V-9. I liked it..I have V-6 booked on the Inspiration for Nov 20th 2010. The balconys are very small. But since its a normal railing. I can sit in the chairs and hang my legs over the edge. Funny that people notice that when they walk by below my cabin.

Thanks - we have V14 booked for our upcoming!! Same location, other side of ship.....:)

Thanks for the pics and mention of balcony leg room. We're booked in that exact cabin next month. Both of us are tall and I was expecting the leg room on the balcony would be similar to sitting in a coach seat on an airplane. Good to know I won't be knocking my knees on railing and plexiglass.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
where are the laundry rooms located on the ship? does anyone know if the fantasy also runs a "wash & fold" special?

We haven't been on the Fantasy yet, but I found this information ~ just can't guarantee the validity..........

http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Laundry_Room#Fantasy_Class

where are the laundry rooms located on the ship? does anyone know if the fantasy also runs a "wash & fold" special?

I believe the laundry room was located on Deck 3 or wherever the infirmary is. My husband actually did laundry on one of our cruises which he really didn't need to do. :o Don't know about the wash and fold special.

because our upcoming cruise (17 dec 10) is going to be my DHs first real "vacay" in quite some time, he doesn't want to be locked in some type of "schedule" in regards to planning out our excursions....do they tend to sell out prior or should we be able to book something once we're on board? we'll be on the 5-day stopping in freeport & nassau.

because our upcoming cruise (17 dec 10) is going to be my DHs first real "vacay" in quite some time, he doesn't want to be locked in some type of "schedule" in regards to planning out our excursions....do they tend to sell out prior or should we be able to book something once we're on board? we'll be on the 5-day stopping in freeport & nassau.

Check out the Bahamas port of call thread. Lots of advise on things to do. We just sailed on The Fantasy & I found things to do which we could wait & decide on when we got up. I typed up all my options & how to do them then printed & took with me. We ended up going to get a daypass at The Sheraton, then Senor Frogs & The Strawmarket. None of which we had to be on a schedule for...........so long as we made it back to the ship in time we were good!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We are planning a wedding on the Fantasy in the Charleston port on Aug 8, 2011 and then setting sail for Nassau and Freeport with several of our friends and family. We were on the Inspiration last year and had a great time. We've booked a Grand Suite (U90) this time. I've enjoyed reading this thread and the reviews from a couple of you. I am getting so excited about the cruise even though it is several months away! Keep posting pictures and suggestions for things to do in Nassau and Freeport. Also, if there are some particularly picturesque places in the Bahamas that we can get to pretty easily, we would love to hear about those so that we can get some pictures there for our wedding album.

We are planning a wedding on the Fantasy in the Charleston port on Aug 8, 2011 and then setting sail for Nassau and Freeport with several of our friends and family. We were on the Inspiration last year and had a great time. We've booked a Grand Suite (U90) this time. I've enjoyed reading this thread and the reviews from a couple of you. I am getting so excited about the cruise even though it is several months away! Keep posting pictures and suggestions for things to do in Nassau and Freeport. Also, if there are some particularly picturesque places in the Bahamas that we can get to pretty easily, we would love to hear about those so that we can get some pictures there for our wedding album.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding; sorry I don't have any photo op suggestions, but I wanted to drop by cuz we're also on the Fantasy in February, but are cruising with The Embers who are ALSO from Raleigh :)

• 3 weeks later...

we just got bumped up again (from 4b to 4C to 4D) because of price drops (first, because we changed dates (loss $50/person due to ES, but it worked itself out) then due to military status--for once, it worked in our favor). anyhoo, just wondering, because of its location, should we be concerned? it looks like it sits below the "universe main lounge" & "fun shops". also, how is movement? i don't think it'll bother me too much, but i'll still bring something to combat nausea, just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
their was dr. pepper on board did not see root beer or a golf pro.

There was not Dr Pepper on board for purchase. Its possible you saw Dr Pepper someone brought on board. My brother brought his own and would bring cans to the dining room. They only have Pibb Extra for purchase

• 3 weeks later...
we're driving in from lexington, sc (2 hours away), what time do they start boarding?

We arrived around noon. We were up on lido deck by 12:30 with drink of the day in hand! It was around 11am when we debarked on the last day so I would say that 11:30 am would be a good time to arrive.

There is a review from our June sailing in my signature. Lots of pics. :)