RUBY table for 2 ??

zoncom

The tables for 2 are set up "banquette" style. I wouldn't call them private at all. The smallest stand alone tables I remember were set for 4 people. Hopefully, I missed seeing private tables for two, but I sure don't remember any.

It is true that on the Ruby many of the tables for two are bunched up with a seat on a bench and the second a regular chair. the tables are very close together.

However, there are a number of separate tables for two.

We just got off the Ruby. Go see the head waiter named Godwin at the anytime dining on deck 6 ... he is fantastic... ask for such a table... he saved it for us evey evening (I think it was table #484). I have just had a brain freeze as to whether the deck 6 anytime dining room is the DaVinci or the Michaelangelo.

Can any past Ruby cruiser reccomend a quiet, perhaps private, table for 2. I hear some are bunched very close to each other. Thanks.

We do anytime dining, and if you go into the anytime dining restaurants you will notice tables for 2 along the back wall where the wait staff goes into the kitchen area to retrieve the food/drinks. There you will find several tables for two (both rectangle and round) that have some breathing room around them, as opposed to the areas that come out from the outside walls that have rectangular tables about 12 inches apart. It's a bit hard to tell on the deck plan diagrams on the princess web site, but you can see the general layout that I am talking about.

Mike

Just looked at the deck plans for the Ruby.... deck 6 is the DaVinci Dining room... Godwin always reserved it for us for the 5:45-6:00 timeframe. The doors open at 5:30 so it would be easy to do for that time.

The Princess site deck plans do not show the actual dining room layout. I don't see where it shows the bench type tables for two at all and it doesn't show the table we had.

Archived