New to sailing,have tipping question...

leslie751

My DH and I are newbies and we are on the COnstellation 3/5/05 to southern carib,

first question, do you tip everyone everyday? or is it all at the end.

second question, how do I hook up with others on this cruise?

last question, (for right now) we just paid for this cruise, besides the waiting game, what should I be doing now,,shore excursions shopping???

thanks for any help!!!

Leslie,

You should tip room service each time you use them. Your bar drinks automatically come with a 15% tip.

As far as tipping personnel, it is done the last night. You have the option of putting it on your sea card, or tipping in cash.

You can go to the Celebrity "Roll Call" board and look for your cruise date. There will be a roll call for others sailing on the ship at the same time you are. A very nice way to get a lot of info and meet new friends. :)

My DH and I are newbies and we are on the COnstellation 3/5/05 to southern carib,

first question, do you tip everyone everyday?

tips are traditionally given at the end of the cruise --the only exception to that is to tip the room service waiter when he delivers to your room .

how do I hook up with others on this cruise?

go to the boards for constellation and for rolls calls and you will find your cruise there

last question, (for right now) we just paid for this cruise, besides the waiting game, what should I be doing now,,shore excursions shopping???OTE]

as newbies you should be reading the boards gathering as much info as you can-----making sure that you have all the clothes you need for the trip---getting your airfare in order--also transportation to and from the ship---if you are arriving at the port a day earlier then the cruise reccommended --you should be booking a hotel and last but not least looking at the excursions available-----most help will be on the boards i mentioned earlier

have a great cruise

As the others have said... I would recommend a quick scan through lots of old posts... just scan for things like "tips", "packing", "hints", "secrets"... things like that..

There are a LOT of threads on the boards full of things like this that will help you quite a bit if you can spare the time to look through them. Everyone could tell you what they found the most valuable, but only you will be able to tell what will help you the most. Of course since this is your first cruise, you will have to pay close attention the context of how it was helpful to each person and deduce from there if that will help you or not. :)

Theron

Archived