Shore excursion to Paris

RMS Olympic

Great to hear you are interested. Even a drive by the E tower will suffice for me. The lunch on the river boat sounds really nice, with many photo ops.

I am not a big city goer....and museums....so so. The L'Hermitage in St Petersburg was great, but I am more into architecture than paintings and dusty old things like me.

Now Rome..........thats a city to walk for days.

I would like to pay my respects to those that died on the Normandy Beach head....but will forgo and head for Paris....bus ride and all.

And you are wharped....love it! Whats the old saying...if you dont have anything nice to say...sit next to me.

If your Hubby is X, are you Y.....if so I could be Z........ sick I know, but hey its Saturday and I am not on a ship......makes me cranky.

Hey Z, don't be cranky, I'll bring some wine for the bus trip!!!:D:D

Paris is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and if you don't intend to be back any time soon, I would take the bus trip. You can get a feel of Paris in a very short amount of time.

My sister took the Celebrity on your own bus trip, and although she was rushed, she loved it - - even though we had been there a couple of years before. I took the Normandy tour and loved that too.

Have a great trip.

Great to hear you are interested. Even a drive by the E tower will suffice for me. The lunch on the river boat sounds really nice, with many photo ops.

I am not a big city goer....and museums....so so. The L'Hermitage in St Petersburg was great, but I am more into architecture than paintings and dusty old things like me.

Now Rome..........thats a city to walk for days.

I would like to pay my respects to those that died on the Normandy Beach head....but will forgo and head for Paris....bus ride and all.

And you are wharped....love it! Whats the old saying...if you dont have anything nice to say...sit next to me.

If your Hubby is X, are you Y.....if so I could be Z........ sick I know, but hey its Saturday and I am not on a ship......makes me cranky.

Hi Tom, just got off Eclipse le Havre cruise and many people I spoke to really enjoyed the Paris tour, it left at 7.30 am (great express brekky provided in main Dinning room) and returned around 6.00pm.

I did the war memorials and beaches, it was very emotional and sobering. The tour was very interesting and exellent, it included a hot "French" lunch.

RICH.....................:)

I'm heading to Europe to sail with Azamara in August, and one of the ports is Rouen, which I understand to be close to midway between LeHavre and Paris. I've been to Paris once before for five days and just loved it, so its hard to think about being so close and not going. That said, I may NEVER have another chance to see Rouen or Honfleur, so feel very conflicted!

I second the previous poster and would definitely not want to spend two of my precious Paris hours on a Seine cruise. The best part of Paris is sipping a glass of wine at a sidewalk cafe in a square!

• 5 months later...

:( We have never been to Paris before, and my husband really wants to do the "Taste of Paris Tour" - but I get car ( especially bus) sick - even with motion pills.

Does the bus stop very often for us to get out? or just for the cruise?

Is the tour on twisty curved roads?

Just trying to decide if I could handle it -

Maybe I should do the " On my own tour" ? Would it be on a straighter highway?

I really appreciate you helping me decide -

Just to put a different spin on things. I have never been on a cruise to Europe, but I lived in Europe for several years, Germany to be specific. We traveled to Paris on vacation and a few hours there would be disappointing. There is way too much to see in that amount of time. I am into architecture and antiques and our three days there were not enough. There were way too many things to see. We spent several hours at Notre Dame alone. I could care less about art, but I found the Louvre simply fascinating! Going to the top of the Tour de Eiffel is breathtaking and a not to be missed thing to do. It really puts Paris in a new perspective. I firmly believe you would be cheating yourself going on such a short tour.

My background is German and I gotta tell you that German food doesn't even compare to the windows of beautiful food and the many places to dine that are in Paris. There is nothing like sitting in a sidewalk cafe and taking in all the sights and sounds around you. Dining there in the evening is truly an event. One of our favorite activities was strolling on the Rue Cler on Sunday watching people buying their dinner for the evening. Germans enjoy socializing in the Gasthaus and Biergarten.....Parisians just seem to enjoy life moving at a slower pace.

I always loved the smaller towns when it came to the majority of Europe because they give you more of the true flavor of everyday life as big cities there tend to be more international so to speak, but that said Paris remains one of my favorite places in the world. I could truly live there...but then again, I love Europe.

Do heed the advice of others and keep your wallet in your front pocket of your pants, any camera you take concealed and close and be aware of your surroundings while you are there. Be prepared to say *NON* very firmly a lot should you walk the grounds of the Tour de Eiffel. Probably my only negative view of Paris is located there.

Whatever you do, have fun!:)

Archived