Transatlantic March 21,2010

fitty

No, it didn't. We left the Wind Surf in Barbados on the 21st March, and word was that there were fewer than 60 passengers booked. Now that number may have increased while we were at sea, but not by enough to fill the ship.

We did a transatlantic on Prinsendam and loved it. We are thinking the smaller ships are ideal. Am looking forward to the Nov. transatlantic on Wind Surf. We were in Barbados last Nov. off of another ship and we happened to meet on the dock the Executive Chief from Wind Surf. He was so much fun to talk with that we decided then and there we would like to try Windstar. Thank you for your postings and information.:o

We have done 12 Fall Crossing, usung all 3 of Windstar's ships, and have never had a negative experience. There are always many repeaters and everyone is extremely friendly, as well as all Staff members. We have made friends for life from all over the States and the World.

• 1 month later...

Pudgesmom and Aliceind,

What time would we be disembarking in Barbadous? We are thinking of doing a short tour before heading to our hotel. Or maybe pre -booking a taxi to take us on a short tour before going to our hotel. What do you think?

I would love to hear more about your TA's on Wind Surf if you wouldn't mind sharing with me.

I did the transatlantic last November. As long as you go with the understanding that there's not a lot of organized activities you'll have a wonderful time. Not enough activitity for me to do it regularly but many passengers go back year after year and really love the relaxation. Supurb service in an intimate atmosphere.

I disembarked about 9 but was in was in no rush to leave. You should have no difficulty being off the ship by about 8 if that's what you want to do. I think I'd recommend a taxi for a tour of town. I went straight to my hotel, and actually didn't get into my room until late afternoon, but used the hotel's beach all day. Here's a link to my Wind Surf review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=61220.

Roy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi;

I posted questions regarding Trans Atlantic Crossing the November. Noticed you had taken the trip last season. How many were on the cruise a estimate or guess please. Some said they took it 3 times did not specify the years but had less then 150 passengers. Then I read some one took it in reverse back to Europe and had 50 passengers.

With such small amount of passengers did the combo still play in the lounge?

I am traveling solo age 55 will I feel left our not traveling as a couple?

Was there a lot of socializing between people or were people coupled to them selves other then at meal times?

Any other insight would of help.

One last thing what was the weather like cooler untill how many days futher south what were the temps like?

Thank You

Sanford

Hi;

I posted questions regarding Trans Atlantic Crossing the November. Noticed you had taken the trip last season. How many were on the cruise a estimate or guess please. Some said they took it 3 times did not specify the years but had less then 150 passengers. Then I read some one took it in reverse back to Europe and had 50 passengers.

The combo may have played in the lounge, but I don't remember it.

I am traveling solo age 55 will I feel left our not traveling as a couple?

I think you'll be fine. Although there are not a lot of passengers most are quite open.

Was there a lot of socializing between people or were people coupled to them selves other then at meal times?

I would say there was quite a lot of socializing, particularly around Compass Rose.

One last thing what was the weather like cooler until how many days further south what were the temps like?

As I remember it we never very cold. It was probably around 40F around Lisbon. For me it was light jacket or sweater for about 3 days of so.

Thank You

Sanford

Here's a link to my review of the cruise:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=61220

Roy

Thank you for your reply.

Your review was a great help for some clarification. I need to call and try to see if I can get an idea if the ship as of now is a quarter full, half or less or more full.

If it's 1/2 full or close to it it will be a definite go ahead and book. If not I need to still decide. If I were with some one 50 passengers would would be cool. As a solo it is different..... I hate pushing myself on others especially if they want to be alone and small groups it sticks out more at least in my mind. Any other time I enjoy eating as one by myself but not on a cruise.

Again many thanks for your reply,

Sanford

Hello ;

I am considering taking the reverse direction Trans Atlantic crossing in November. Any response to the below would be helpful.

I am traveling solo age 55 will I feel left out not traveling as a couple?

Was there a lot of socializing between people or were people coupled to them selves other then at meal times? Especially being a very small number of passengers.

Thank you in advance,

Sanford

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived