Need HELP!

Okay, so I booked the cruise and paid the final payment under a resident rate on the riveria deck. Now, I see I could get on the empress deck with past guest rate for $60 dollars cheaper. Call to see about upgrade...

She said no upgrade available because the first and second passenger rate was more but not total cost. :eek: Is this correct?

But when I asked to speak to a supervisor she told me "I dont have one." :mad: Now that is when I got pissed off. Please tell me if there is anything I can do.

I dont want to hear the you should have booked early saver :D...thanks.

Maria

But when I asked to speak to a supervisor she told me "I dont have one." :mad: Now that is when I got pissed off. Please tell me if there is anything I can do.

That's the point where I say, 'Oh, so you're the president of Carnival' :rolleyes:.

Everyone but Mickey has a superior. The key is to be cordial, but iron-rod stubborn.

Okay, so I booked the cruise and paid the final payment under a resident rate on the riveria deck. Now, I see I could get on the empress deck with past guest rate for $60 dollars cheaper. Call to see about upgrade...

She said no upgrade available because the first and second passenger rate was more but not total cost. :eek: Is this correct?

I dont want to hear the you should have booked early saver :D...thanks.

Maria

First, everyone has a superviser, unless you're talkling to Gerry Cahill. :D

What she said about total cost doesn't make sense to me. If the rate is cheaper for the first and second person but not the third or fourth, it should still be cheaper.

The question is even though you made final payment are you outside the final payment date/penalty phase. Since you didn't book ES that's the only period when you can get adjustments as I understand it.

I would call back and demand to speak to a supervisor and if you get the same ruanaround just keep calling back, oh and get their name and tell them you will be writing, that might also help.

Good luck with this.

If your total of your whole booking for ALL passengers hasnt gone down then you arent entiteld to a price drop.

If its only a little bit to upgrade, Iv paid the amount and upgraded, like say its $10 or $20 a perseon, might be worth paying the extra for. she told you right, the whole booking has to be at the current price or lower to get the offer of a free upgrade.

... or are you saying the total price has dropped if you count all pax in the cabin, I might be confused... call back if all pax on the booking the total has dropped.

You will get someone else who might be having a better day, but make sure your total $$$ for all in the cabin has gone down or the same to match the upgrade price.

If your total of your whole booking for ALL passengers hasnt gone down then you arent entiteld to a price drop.

If its only a little bit to upgrade, Iv paid the amount and upgraded, like say its $10 or $20 a perseon, might be worth paying the extra for. she told you right, the whole booking has to be at the current price or lower to get the offer of a free upgrade.

... or are you saying the total price has dropped if you count all pax in the cabin, I might be confused... call back if all pax on the booking the total has dropped.

You will get someone else who might be having a better day, but make sure your total $$$ for all in the cabin has gone down or the same to match the upgrade price.

yes, total price went down...and am calling back now!

I called back was very nice and the new person upgraded me...now I am happy!;)

Thanks you guys for the advice.

Maria

yea, the call back and talk to someone else worked, the old every rep makes up rules when they dont feel like processing a legit request. Yea!!!! Im happy for ya.

I am glad to see that your upgrade worked out for you. I had the same situation and same rates too when we wanted to upgrade. After 30 minutes of getting nowhere, I finally said, okay, I will pay the price difference to upgrade. She started entering the info for the upgraded room, when she was done, I said, so how much do I owe? She says, oh, um, it's actually cheaper... you owe nothing...

Bottom line, some of the people you get on the phone aren't the quickest...

yes, total price went down...and am calling back now!

The total price can be lower because of how much they lowered the price on the 1st and 2nd passenger but if the 3rd and 4th passenger did not go down then they won't honor it even though the overall price is lower. Although, like some others have said, they're not always consistent. Most will get denied but some will be accepted...Go figure.

Archived