Jewel NY to Bahamas dailies

luvtogoplaces

My family are scheduled to cruise (for the very first time ever :)) on the Jewel in late August (NY to Bahamas). To those who will sail before me, I'll really love to see copies of the dailies, schedules of kid crew programs (ages 9 and 12) and menus be posted.

I'm also looking forward to hear about the Nickelodeon theme (if any).

Have a great time and thanks in advance!!!

i am also curious to hear reports back, i think the first cruise out of ny to bahamas for the season leaves this weekend! Pretty please report back esp re: nick @ sea!

Yeah the first cruise on the new itinerary starts April 24th. From what i've read i think its the total nick cruise.. but not sure.. I'd love to see the dailies too since i'll be sailling in a few weeks on the jewel.

If anyone is on the jewel next week and could upload the dailies and possibly the menus and such that would be awesome!

The Jewel had her last port call yesterday in Tortola. Her next stop is New York City this weekend! :)

As for the Dailies, can't be of help there but I did hear about some changes since I sailed on Spring Break (and also since I sailed in January).

Jean-Pierre Parent will be the illusionist onboard for some of the feature shows (one I believe).

Second City is the comedy folks back onboard. They have a main show.

Jean Ann Ryan is producing now only two shows which are Band on the Run and Cirque Bijoux.

Nickelodeon at Sea is producing a show called Slime Time LIVE during the evening as entertainment.

There is also another comedian who has a show onboard named Tim Kaminski. Not sure how much longer his contract is.

Now the comedians and the illusionist have other shows in other lounges throughout the cruise but have a primary show in the theater during one of the nights.

Hope this helps everyone out! :D Bon voyage to you and know you are in good hands with John O'Hara, Hotel Director at the lead! Hopefully you all have Captain Kostas too. He's a great great man! :D

thanks! the entertainment sounds terrific!! well, we could do without the NICK stuff but that is just our opinion since we are sailing without kids....

I'm sure we'll have a great time regardless!! :)

Marsha

very jealous of those with 1's on their countdown clocks. I just passed the view of the pier from rte 495 in NJ and the pier looks nice and ready for the arrival of the Jewel!

I'm jealous of anyone with a 1... or even a 100!

To those that are leaving within the next couple weeks on the Jewel from NYC, HAVE FUN!!!!

I'll be looking forward to your reviews/pictures, as I will be sailing May 15th!

Also, if any of you can post the dailies from the new sailings would be greatly appreciated :)

Nickelodeon is onboard the Norwegian Jewel. For most of the regular passengers without children the only impact there will be is the show change from Country Gold performed by Jean Ann Ryan to SLIME TIME LIVE with Nickelodeon.

ALL other Nickelodeon stuff is in the kid's area and the character breakfasts are in another dining room then where the regular passengers go. There is an entirely Nickelodeon THEMED cruise (almost like a charter if you will inside NCL) but no date for that has been set yet. People keep on getting this confused with the regular Nickelodeon stuff that is already onboard and now part of the standard entertainment largely for the kids.

The only adult change that impacts any of cruisers without children is the one show change in the Stardust Theater. :)

I hope this helps folks out a bit as there has been SO much talk about this on Cruise Critic lately. :cool:

Finally! As suspected, the introduction of the Nick theme is meant to be unobtrusive to regular passengers so everyone can stop getting their knickers in a bunch though I'm guessing a lot of people LIKE getting their knickers in a bunch.

No one is going to be blindsided by a Total Nick Cruise either. As it says above, that will be announced at a later date but it will be more like a charter.

I'm personally looking forward to having a show to go see with my daughter and maybe even a character breakfast.

Archived