Iguazu Falls or more time in B.A.?

edgee

Dileep,

You need to put your Victoria Falls pics on here to show the difference in the two. Iguazu definitely looks so much more impressive.

The pictures in #26 are Victoria Falls. The link points to Iguazu.

Rather strange. I don't see anything when using my default browser, Firefox. When I use IE, I see the red x's. I am now going to check it out with Chrome and Opera.

I am using IE8. Can still see the pics!

I think your link in those pics must be going back to either a file on your desktop or protected site that doesn't share without authorization.

I am on a different PC, but it looks like the pictures are linked to the mail message that I sent yo you from my Hotmail account. When I log out of Hotmail, the pictures disappear! Mystery solved!

Victoria Falls now posted at flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/28359466@N00/sets/72157623883377171/

I don't know how many of you use Bing as a search too, but if you don't you might want to pull it up today, since Iguazu Falls is the photo of the day. Here is a link: http://www.bing.com/. If you click on some of the mouse overs there are links to other Iguazu stuff.

I don't use Bing much for searching, but I like it for a home page due to the beautiful photos they have every day. Enjoy!

I don't know how many of you use Bing as a search too, but if you don't you might want to pull it up today, since Iguazu Falls is the photo of the day. Here is a link: http://www.bing.com/. If you click on some of the mouse overs there are links to other Iguazu stuff.

I don't use Bing much for searching, but I like it for a home page due to the beautiful photos they have every day. Enjoy!

I use Bing all the time and love the Cash back program!

The falls are not to be missed. We, too, left our luggage at our hotel in BsAs and flew to Iguazu Falls for two days. However, the place to stay if you book early enough is the Secret Garden B&B right in the town of Puerto Iguazu. The Secret Garden is not a secret anymore as each of us who has enjoyed the wonderful hospitality of innkeeper John Fernandes tell the online world about it. His warm smile, generosity, and willingness to help were exceptional. In addition, his evening "drinks on the patio" provided us the opportunity to interact further with John and the other guests, not to mention his delightful dog Roxy. Besides being a very unique, intelligent and interesting individual, your host is a wonderful photographer who has a photo gallery on the premises.

Mr. Fernandes will provide pick-up at the airport for a nominal fee and then give you a quick overview of the town. The location of this bed and breakfast is close to restaurants, a large grocery store and public transportation to the Iguazu Falls Park. Once one enters the gate a beautiful fern garden greets you and very soon the simplicity of the Secret Garden becomes a sublime experience. Our two-day stay in this magnificent location ended up being a definite highlight of our forty-two day trip to South America. The cost this past March was $110 per night. i hope this helps you make a decision.

While I have not read all of the above posts and we thought the falls were spectacular, I would consider doing at most, I night at the park and if you don't mind spending a little more, have a private guide pick you up at the Iguazu airport, take you around the park (save alot of wasted time) and take you back to the airport upon departure. BA is such an exciting city, we wanted to spend alot of time there as well. I also suggest flying from the domestic airport near downtown BA, very convenient to hotels etc and leave your bags at your BA hotel. It worked out well for us. PS be careful of the bees at the park.

I would consider doing at most, I night at the park and if you don't mind spending a little more, have a private guide pick you up at the Iguazu airport, take you around the park (save alot of wasted time) and take you back to the airport upon departure. BA is such an exciting city, we wanted to spend alot of time there as well. I also suggest flying from the domestic airport near downtown BA, very convenient to hotels etc and leave your bags at your BA hotel. It worked out well for us.

That is exactly what we did since we only have 24 hours (noon to noon). Worked great for us too!

I adore Bs As but Iguassu was awesome. If you have only one night to stay there, then the Sheraton is your only choice as it is the only hotel within the National Park on the Argentinian side. You can walk from the hotel to the falls very easily. (or take the tourist train)

Cough up the extra $$$s to get a falls view room and get up early - watch the sun rise over the Devils Throat was wonderful - the mist cloud above the falls was pink in the golden light of early morning. See here for this pic (an others of the falls.

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/julieannpearson/TangoTalesSouthAmericaII#5456913236894915634

If you want a real close-up experience, you can take the jet boat through the rapids and under the falls - you can book this in the foyer of the Sheraton with little/no notice.

I adore Bs As but Iguassu was awesome. If you have only one night to stay there, then the Sheraton is your only choice as it is the only hotel within the National Park on the Argentinian side. You can walk from the hotel to the falls very easily. (or take the tourist train)

Cough up the extra $$$s to get a falls view room and get up early - watch the sun rise over the Devils Throat was wonderful - the mist cloud above the falls was pink in the golden light of early morning. See here for this pic (an others of the falls.

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/julieannpearson/TangoTalesSouthAmericaII#5456913236894915634

If you want a real close-up experience, you can take the jet boat through the rapids and under the falls - you can book this in the foyer of the Sheraton with little/no notice.

Very nice photos. Thanks for sharing. What mm lens did you use to get the photo from the Sheraton?

Cough up the extra $$$s to get a falls view room and get up early - watch the sun rise over the Devils Throat was wonderful - the mist cloud above the falls was pink in the golden light of early morning.

Great pictures. We had a room on the 3rd floor too but more towards one end. We could see less of the falls from our room that you could see.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2644027280027599206WJDSRx

People with rooms on lower floors will see even less! But still worth it!

After seeing your pictures I want to go back and see it from the Brazil side!

By any chance, does anyone remember what type of plug adapters are needed for the Iguazu Sheraton. Looking at the adapter charts, Argentina has 3 different kinds. I am hoping that they use the 2 round prongs like are used in most central European countries, since I have a bunch of them.

Archived