Upgrade From BA to S May 15 Rotterdam.

nchank

We had a BA guarantee and was offered an upgrade to S for $299 each which we took. We will be spoiled but so be it. :D How much is the WiFi in the Neptunes Lounge? Is breakfast served in the NL or ? Can we order wine or spirits there?

Hank

WiFi is the same price everywhere as far as I know. There are packages you can buy, but be aware that connection speeds are incredibly slow aboard ship -- most comparable to and ancient 11K dial-up modem.

Congratulations on taking the upgrade.

There is no alcohol served in the Neptune Lounge -- it is not a bar/lounge like you think.

There is continental breakfast available every day from 7 AM until about 11 AM. Fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, meat, cheeses, juices, special coffee machine -- so many choices.

From 11 AM until 5 PM - various tea snadwiches, cookies, chocolates, desserts, pound cake, etc are changed about every 2 hours.

From 5 PM until closing -- around 8 PM -- cold appetizers are available.

You can also have breakfast in the King's Room on this ship.

Internet Prices:

It doesn't make any difference whether you bring your own laptop or use the ship's computers -- the price is the same -- no free WiFi.

The advantage of having your own laptop is that you can work off-line and then just copy and paste once you are online -- will save minutes. The internet is slooooow.

There is a one time $3.95 activation fee.

Plan 1 - $0.75 per minute

Plan 2 - $55 for 100 minutes

Plan 3 - $100 for 250 minutes.

Most ships will offer 10 free minutes for Plan 2 and 20 free minutes for Plan 3 if you sign up for a plan on embarkation day.

Suite Perks

All PS, SA, SB and SC categories:

Separate check-in line at embarkation

Personalized stationary

Use of the Neptune Lounge and the concierges

Boutonniere and corsage for the first formal night

Free laundry, free pressing, free dry cleaning

Priority tendering

Priority disembarkation

Free use of binoculars

Free use of a large umbrella

MAYBE a private suite cocktail party in the Neptune Lounge

MAYBE an invitation to a VIP party

Maybe a suite buffet or sit down lunch -- depends on itinerary and HM/Captain

Free bottle of champagne compliments of the HM and captain

Breakfast in the Pinnacle or King’s Room (depends on the ship)

Free DVD use

Some ships also have a complimentary bottle of VOSS water -- it is an Artisian well water from Norway.

WiFi is the same price everywhere as far as I know. There are packages you can buy, but be aware that connection speeds are incredibly slow aboard ship -- most comparable to and ancient 11K dial-up modem.

I just copied this from HAL's web page

:A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Deluxe Verandah Suite or Penthouse Verandah Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

Maybe they consider wi-fi throughout the ship yo be "a small charge". I use my laptop and work mostly off line so the slow speed will not effect me.

We had a BA guarantee and was offered an upgrade to S for $299 each which we took. We will be spoiled but so be it. :D How much is the WiFi in the Neptunes Lounge? Is breakfast served in the NL or ? Can we order wine or spirits there?

Hank

Gosh, I don't think that was a very smart thing to do ..... you will never go back to anything below now!!! Can you say spoiled! We loved the convenience of just being able to pop into the Neptune for a light snack or juice or coffee. (not to mention the desserts)! No alcohol but a great relaxing place to meet other suite guests and chat or you can take the treats back to your cabin. We didn't use the internet at all while on vacation so can't help you there.

Enjoy!:)

just copied this from HAL's web page

:A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Deluxe Verandah Suite or Penthouse Verandah Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

Maybe they consider wi-fi throughout the ship yo be "a small charge". I use my laptop and work mostly off line so the slow speed will not effect me.

WiFi costs the same for everyone on the ship. The packages have been detailed above. Would be nice if we got some free WiFi minutes in Suites but we do not.

You will love your Suite and Neptune Lounge.

Enjoy.

Archived