Quick suggestions plz - guarantee

We are assigned to a cat Q but it just opened up for guarantees. Hubby booked a Q because he was told the back is best for motion sickness (which neither of us have???) so.....what should i do? I'm debating trying to switch to a guarantee and give up our assigned cabin.

Actually, the center of the ship experiences the least motion, should seas be rough....fore and aft will probably have more motion (think of a see-saw).

If the guarantee will give you a larger cabin than you've paid for, go for it!

We are assigned to a cat Q but it just opened up for guarantees. Hubby booked a Q because he was told the back is best for motion sickness (which neither of us have???) so.....what should i do? I'm debating trying to switch to a guarantee and give up our assigned cabin.

In general, mid ship is better due to less motion.

You already have an assigned Q cat room, that you selected the location. Just because you rebook Q cat gaurantee does not garantee that you'll be assigned a Q cat aft cabin or even be upgraded to a better cabin. You could very well end up with the room that you're giving up. Gaurantee means you take your chances. It doesn't mean you'll be gaurantee a Q aft cabin or better.

I think I'm just gonna have to keep an eye on it :(. The only available Q right now is on deck 2 and we're already assigned 8401. I'm not willing to give up that room for a possibilty of getting placed on deck 2. The rep was extremely helpful and I feel like we got a great deal as it is BUT I'll continue to watch for a possible chance to upgrade.

Thank you both for your insight also.

Archived