scubagirl - Special Needs Transport at port?

careywv

I posted this question earlier, but it may have gotten lost since there weren't many responses. But, I thought I read somewhere that there was a trolley/cart system at the Nassau port for transporting those with special needs.

My MIL has knee and back problems, and the walk seemed to take it out of her during our cruise last May. So, I was wondering if there was a faster, safer way for us to get her to the taxi area than walking?

I called Carnival and the Special Needs Department was not aware of any transport, and I thought they would definitely know.

Thank you so much! :)

I posted this question earlier, but it may have gotten lost since there weren't many responses. But, I thought I read somewhere that there was a trolley/cart system at the Nassau port for transporting those with special needs.

My MIL has knee and back problems, and the walk seemed to take it out of her during our cruise last May. So, I was wondering if there was a faster, safer way for us to get her to the taxi area than walking?

I called Carnival and the Special Needs Department was not aware of any transport, and I thought they would definitely know.

Thank you so much! :)

I'm not aware of any transport either. But I'm not that familiar with what goes on inside the port.

Perhaps you can contact the port authority in Nassau.

242 322 8832

http://www.maritime-database.com/port.php?pid=1499

Great! Thank you very much. I emailed them, so hopefully I'll hear back soon.

Last May it seemed like we were stopping along the way to the taxi area because of her knees, so I want to ensure she isn't in pain while we are on vacation. :)

Archived