Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

Alain,

Thank you very much for suggesting Webshots. I am going through my photos now.

Grego,

I have never used this way of getting messages. I logged onto the computer once a day and checked my e-mail.

Joan

Thanks for the replies. I'm sure someone has a piece of documentation that mentions being contacted at sea. Even when we had the free internet available as Platinum members of Princess, there was a way for others to send a message using, as example SunPrincess@princess.com and putting your name and cabin number in the subject line. The Purser's Office would print out the email and have it delivered to your cabin. As of a couple of year's ago, we put this information in the packet of stuff we gave to relatives and friends prior to leaving for the cruise as a way to contact us if necessary.

Grego: Having returned from the Golden a few months ago, the only contact info that I remember in our precruise packet was a phone number to reach us in case of an emergency. That is what we left with family members. As Joan said, we always logged into the computer each day to check our email. At 35 cents a minute, it is a bargain compared to 75 cents a minute on Celebrity. Those of you that are Elite are lucky to have the free internet perk.

CFL - Happy to hear you booked your cruise for December. It sounds like you got a good deal for an 11-day cruise. Haven't been to the Mexican Riviera, so will be interested in your thoughts on the ports. We have nothing booked in the future yet, but are thinking about Alaska for summer 2007, which is a long time away.

Mary

Hapinowagain,

We only had to tender to Princess Cays. There is no dock there. We docked at St. Vincent, Grenada, St. Lucia, Martinique and St. Thomas. However, whether or not you dock or tender sometimes depends on how many ships will be in port that day.

To everyone,

Thank you for all of your kind replies to my vacation diary. I have a modest album of photos at http://www.webshots.com. Search for my Sun Princess album under my screen name, Phillycruiser. Aquaduck, in particular, enjoy the sunset, and the moon over Grenada. Alain, thank you again for the suggestion. I truly enjoyed your photo album.

Joan

Hi there....went to check your photos on that website......www.webshots.com.

I put Philly cruiser in the photo search and got a whole slew of photos of people with PT cruisers....then I put Sun Princess in that search and got a slew of photos that have anything to do with the word "sun".....so please, tell me how to see your photos on this website....walk me through it darlin'......thank you.

Grego: Having returned from the Golden a few months ago, the only contact info that I remember in our precruise packet was a phone number to reach us in case of an emergency. That is what we left with family members. As Joan said, we always logged into the computer each day to check our email. At 35 cents a minute, it is a bargain compared to 75 cents a minute on Celebrity. Those of you that are Elite are lucky to have the free internet perk.

CFL - Happy to hear you booked your cruise for December. It sounds like you got a good deal for an 11-day cruise. Haven't been to the Mexican Riviera, so will be interested in your thoughts on the ports. We have nothing booked in the future yet, but are thinking about Alaska for summer 2007, which is a long time away.

Mary

Thanks Mary,it was the no-flying that eventually sold us.11-days will be our second longest (previous 15-day Panama Canal cruise) and I am really starting to think anything under 10-days is TOO short!:D

Plenty of time to plan and lose weight...so I can gain it all back attempting a new lobster-eating record.

Be well,

John

Joan,

Here is a little hint for you that will help other people who want to access your Webshot page...

Go to your own webshot page and "cut & paste" the address in the "Insert link" here when you post a message (I hope I'm clear enough...). This is the button that looks like an earth with the infinite sign... In fact, if you click this link: http://community.webshots.com/user/Phillycruiser, you will access your page... The address you see here is your "Webshot home page". So keep it in a safe place. You can give it to anyone who want to see your pictures... That way, those who want to see your photos won't have to do a search for "Phillycruiser"... and say they can't find your pictures...

aquaduck, click on this link and you will access Joan's Webshot page !

As you can imagine, mine is: http://community.webshots.com/user/Alainbob756...

BTW, I absolutly love your very first photo ("Sunset at sea")... I have seen many beautifull sunrises and sunsets but this one is outstanding ! And the "Princess parking lot in Grenada" is also a good one... It looks like the captains on these ships can almost shake hands from their bridge wings...

Hope this help !

Alain R.

Alain,

Thank you once again for all of your good suggestions. With regards to the "Princess parking lot," it is rare that the Sun Princess and the Golden Princess are docked at the same port. I have been on the Golden Princess before, and it was wonderful to see it again. I understand that members of the crew on both ships had a big reunion. Many of them know each other from having worked together previously. The day in Grenada was indeed the highlight of their cruise. As for the passengers, everyone at the beach that day had a blue and white towel.

Alain, I enjoyed seeing all of your cruises on Princess ships. Thank you for filling my day with beautiful memories.

Jan,

It's so nice to hear from you! I wish we were still sailing, too.

Joan

What beautiful photos!! ... and the sunset one is unreal....almost looks like the sky was on fire....or something from the planet Mars. Incredible!!

Like the moon too...wished it had been full on our cruise. How fabulous would that be? Well, we will just have to sign up for a cruise during the full moon and who cares where it goes.

Thanks to all your help and to Alain too for his help to get me on that photo website. I have bookmarked it so I am cooking with oil.

Now you need to tell me how to get on the roll call for the April 18, 2007 transition cruise of the Sun through the Panama.

I love that ship....have become a Sun worshipper....actually like it better than the grand class ones we have been on.

Thanks again and again....WOW!!

[quote name=aquaduck

Now you need to tell me how to get on the roll call for the April 18, 2007 transition cruise of the Sun through the Panama.

[/quote]

April 19th 2007 Sun Princess Panama Canal Roll Call Thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=302450

Looking forward to starting our own conversation over there!

See Ya!

My husband loves to cruise, but doesn't spend time on Cruisecritic. However, tonight, after some serious pleading on my part, he added my Captain's Circle Elite avatar and created a link to the photos. It took him about 10 minutes; it would have taken me 10 hours. (Okay, he's a programmer.)

Aquaduck, it sounds like you booked a great cruise! I really like the sun class ships, too.

Joan

It took him about 10 minutes; it would have taken me 10 hours. (Okay, he's a programmer.)

Joan

:D :D :D

I'd like to meet him... I'm a programmer too ! :)

Tell him that even though I'm a programmer and I work with computers all day long, I like to chat with people almost every day... Especially on Cruise Critics ! :p It makes me practice my English...

So, he is very welcome to join us !

Alain R.

..are all the folks on board the Sun Princess??? :confused:

I was anxious to hear what they thought of Isla Margarita and Barbados etc!

PLUS I want to be reminded of the good food and all the great entertainment and the gentle rocking of the boat at night and the sound of the waves against the hull.

Do you suppose they are having such a good time that they forgot about all of us previous Sun cruisers who are suffering from serious "Sun" withdrawal?

Hello, Hello - I am just having a great time and cannot find time to post (as well as trouble finding this room!!) Sorry it has been awhile -told you about the chairs on balcony we didn't like? Well, Francis, the most wonderful cabin steward went right up to the pool and got us two white resin chairs with bigger seats and armrests! What a terrific guy!

Curacao - took the local bus to the beach at Seaquarium - nice beach - some toplessness - Isla - just stayed at the 3 beaches near the port and went thru the straw market there. Barbados - 5 couples went with Silver Moon catamaran (private tour) for 2 snorkel stops - thought this was Heaven until today - DOMINICA!! Went with Reyno Tours to Emerald Pool and Champagne Reef for snorkeling - ABSOLULTELY WONDERFUL and it was our 30th anniversary - we found Heaven today.

Food and entertainment have been fine - no complaints - making my nightly donation to the slots and drinking my share of Bud Lights.

We are having a great time - cannot believe it will be ending soon but will have more FREE time to post when I get home.

Take care all,

Peggy

Archived