Review of Half Moon Cay (cabana video & pics etc)

lilylight

It's around 2:00. I know we went close to 2:00 the first time we were there and there wasn't alot left...

The food is not "to die for" but it's there and it's free;)

Thanks a lot! There seems to be too much to do in HMC lol. Im booked for aquatrax and have a cabana rental, but also really want to parasail lol. Too much to do not enough time! O well!

Thanks a lot! There seems to be too much to do in HMC lol. Im booked for aquatrax and have a cabana rental, but also really want to parasail lol. Too much to do not enough time! O well!

Ah, to be young again! LOL! Have a great time...it's a beautiful place:)

thanks a lot....as far as that is concerned were 25 yr old males and have no problem taking back our cabana lol. also just out of curiosity does anybody know what time the lunch is served until?

I just looked at the Fun Times and it says lunch is served between 11:30 and 2:00.

Hi there..when are you going? Im really looking for feedback on the Aquatrax! Would you post back on how you liked it? :D Im not going til Sept.

Hi there..when are you going? Im really looking for feedback on the Aquatrax! Would you post back on how you liked it? :D Im not going til Sept.

Not goin till last week of august....heard good things bout it tho as long as ur not expecting to go out and be able to do wutever u want. But as long as u can go full speed im fine with it lol.

I'm so glad I found CC. We will be booking the Miracle for 7/12 in the spring. Would never have known about the cabanas if I hadn't seen this thread. Thanks for a great review. Can these be booked as soon as the reservation has been booked or do you have to wait until final payment? I plan on making final payment only on the day it is due; will that be too late for a cabana? We will have a group of 9; but plan on booking only one as most of us will be in the water most of the time! But DS18 has thyroid issues and can't tolerate much sun, so this will be a perfect way for him to enjoy the beach with us.:D

Disneynan, you can book before final payment. As soon as I booked our upcoming cruise in May, I went ahead and booked a cabana online. If I were you I would go ahead and do it.

Thanks for the info! We haven't booked yet as our dates aren't out yet. But I plan on booking the cabana on-line the same day we book the trip. Can't wait!!

I love the pictures and i plan on getting the clamshells but i called my daughter and tried talking her into sharing the cost of the cabana. She said NOOOOO to expensive:eek: lol. Are the clamshells roomy? I have 3 of us and my bestfriend is getting her own. So how far is the walk to the food buffet? Also has anyone ever went here around mid April? I am scared its going to rain or not be real hot. Last cruise i went on it rained 3 out of the 6 days:(

I love the pictures and i plan on getting the clamshells but i called my daughter and tried talking her into sharing the cost of the cabana. She said NOOOOO to expensive:eek: lol. Are the clamshells roomy? I have 3 of us and my bestfriend is getting her own. So how far is the walk to the food buffet? Also has anyone ever went here around mid April? I am scared its going to rain or not be real hot. Last cruise i went on it rained 3 out of the 6 days:(

On this thread look at post #27. Is shows the back of a clamshell. It looks good size. Maybe someone has a front view.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=959769&highlight=photo+clam+shell

We were on HMC Feb 8th and it was HOT!! We grabbed 2 chairs on the 3rd row from the water and found it to be a bit uncomfortable so we moved to the 1st row at the water and it was much better. Our tablemates rented a clamshell and said it was really warm inside as they did not get any airflow.

Not goin till last week of august....heard good things bout it tho as long as ur not expecting to go out and be able to do wutever u want. But as long as u can go full speed im fine with it lol.

See thats what Im concerned about. I did read about some sort of buoy course but was wondering if they gave any free time.

We want to do jet skis either here or Nassau, but we are already doing a booze cruise on Nassau.

See thats what Im concerned about. I did read about some sort of buoy course but was wondering if they gave any free time.

We want to do jet skis either here or Nassau, but we are already doing a booze cruise on Nassau.

This is the forum i got most of my info on the aquatrax excursion....hope it helps!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=107625&highlight=Aqua+Trax

Just wanted to say when I asked around about the jet skis on HMC 6 months ago I was told it was a slow guided excursion strictly enforced, so we decided against it. On Nassau they tend to rip you off on time, look for a post by scubagirl, she had the info on that.

I read that about Nassau as well....pay for 30 mins, try to get you to come back after 20-mins, etc.

Thankyou Reno but i am sooooooo happy to see i rented the cabana. $199 but were splitting it 3ways so its $66pp.. I was worried about it not being warm enough in April but i see someone said it was very hot. So glad i booked it. I know we have to hurry to the desk on the boat and choose our cabana. Does it rain alot in April? Im hoping not

Thanks for this great review, and the video was a huge help. I had been debating on whether we should get one of these during our visit in May and now I'm sold! There will be 4 adults and 1 child in our group so this would be a nice "home base" for all of us.

I know i made the right decision renting this. So what do they mean when they say that cabana renters get on the island 1st? How do they know,do we get a ticket? It said that we can get on atleast an hour early before anyone. Also do people still try to go onto peoples cabanas? I mean how stupid can they be?

I know i made the right decision renting this. So what do they mean when they say that cabana renters get on the island 1st? How do they know,do we get a ticket? It said that we can get on atleast an hour early before anyone. Also do people still try to go onto peoples cabanas? I mean how stupid can they be?

Tekel you will love it! I had a cabana for the first time in Aug 2010 and I am hooked! Got mine rented online already for my Sept2011 cruise.

Did you rent yours online? What you do when you board the ship is go to the shore excursions desk, give them your shoe sizes for the snorkeling gear (included), soda preferences and then they will issue tickets.

I haven't heard of any recent cabana squatting, but as the season picks up who knows. I swear, there is a sign that says Private! But apparently the sign isnt enough sometimes! :rolleyes: lol!

Yes, if you rent a cabana you go over on one of the first tenders. That is what it said when I booked my cabana on line.

Now having said that......I just read someones review and he said that at the excursion desk an employee told him no more "special" tenders for cabana renters:confused: Anyone can go over on the first tender:mad: I hope he just got some bum information. I will find out in April:D