QM2 itinerary question Norway or British Isles

davedj

We are thinking of booking the QM2 in 2011 to either Norway or British Isles, concerned about all the tendering in the Isles and the distance from town from docking. Any advice would be welcome. Also any advice on best location for a PG stateroom. Thanks, Davedj

I cannot answer for the UK, but in Norway, although tendering can be required, you are rarely far from the town centres when you berth. Because of the deep water in the fjords even ships the size of QM2 can usually berth in the main area, enabling you to walk ashore in most instances. Norway is the most beautiful country with lovely people ( but then so is the UK :) ). I would say go for it.

We did a round Britain on Fred's Balmoral, no where near as big as the QM2, only tender we had was Guernsey. I think at the rest we were close to centres,stopped at Falmouth,Guernsey,Cobn,Dublin,Liverpool,Leith,Newcastle,Amsterdam, and Dover. You are correct Amsterdam is not in Britain,so not sure why we went there, but it was nice.I have also done a Norway cruise. As poster above states close to centres there. Norway for the scenery, but some of the places we stopped at were small with not a lot there, except for the stunning scenery. UK for shopping and more to see than scenery(if you get my drift) .The round UK made me realise that I actually live in a beautiful country.

Archived