Past Guest Question

hutt90

We are going on a cruise in 43 days. :rolleyes: My question is we went on one 20 years ago for our honeymoon. When the PVP asked if we were a past guest I said yes, but she could find no record of us. I'm a little confused if I should push the issue more. Not sure if this gives us any onboard extras? Any fun stuff only past guest get to do and where would I push the issue- I think the only thing I would have to prove it is the photos we have from the cruise? Any help would be great. Jen:p

How did you book? If you booked ES then if there are any price drops that past guests are entitled to you would want to be able to get them. My sister faxed in a copy of her picture boarding the ship as proof. I hope this helps. :)

If you can present any evidence that you were on a Carnival ship... photo, receipt, something from a scrap book... that would connect you to that cruise they will most likely accept that as proof of your past guest status.

Really, the only thing you'll be missing out on if you can't prove Past Guest would be the Past Guest Reception held mid week. There are free cocktails for an hour... some videos, etc.

:)

We have had the same issue - we would be platinum if we had credit for our older cruises. Our PVP said that Carnival can go back about 15 years and anything before that you would need to show some sort of a photo or receipt; then you would have credit for the cruise

I am not the type of person who holds onto stuff like that and all the old photos are tucked away and I am too lazy to go digging through :( We will be Platinum though in 2 cruises :D

I have 3 cruises from the 1980s, dont even know the exact dates, that I have no credit for. Its sad, but I dont have any pictures to prove I was on these cruises. They would be 3 that would have gotten me to platinum faster is all.

As noted above, you're actually not missing much, but it's nice to have the cruise counted, and get a "Gold" sign-n-sail card instead of that "Blue" one. ;)

I've got two or three cruises that I can't prove many years ago, but in the past I've been digging around in the attic, and found a "boarding card" (predecessor to the sign-n-sail card) showing my name, the name of the ship, the date etc., and I copied and faxed that. They counted that one! :D

Have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

We are going on a cruise in 43 days. :rolleyes: My question is we went on one 20 years ago for our honeymoon. When the PVP asked if we were a past guest I said yes, but she could find no record of us. I'm a little confused if I should push the issue more. Not sure if this gives us any onboard extras? Any fun stuff only past guest get to do and where would I push the issue- I think the only thing I would have to prove it is the photos we have from the cruise? Any help would be great. Jen:p

The same thing happened to me. I was missing 3 cruises from the early 90's and booking my 10th cruise on Carnival this past October. Without the credit for those three cruises, it would prevent me from sailing as a Platinum guest. I had a really patient Carnival customer service rep on the phone and she finally found the missing 3 cruises. The only way we found it was looking up the reservation in the name of my son. For whatever reason, it was linked to his name and not mine. He was 6 years old at the time of sailing, which I thought was very strange that it was linked to his name. After she straightened it out for me, we sailed this past October as a Platinum member, and for us, the perks were great. We enjoyed all of the benefits, especially the wash/dry/fold laundry service. We've never returned home with clean clothes!!

Keep pressing the issue and have them look for any other clues to find your reservation. If all else fails, ask again at the VIP check-in office when you arrive at the terminal. I believe they have more detailed access to the archived records.

Happy Sailing!!

We have been on 9 carnival cruises, our first was when we got married dec 19 1976 on the marti gras but they admit were not keeping track back then, so for us to get Platinum our next cruise after this one in july all we have to do is find pics of when we were on the ship, atleast thats what we were told soo it will be time to go through a heck of a lot of pics before we go again lol good luck! if it makes you feel any better you have to reach platinum to get any perks other than the returning guest party

Archived