Need Transportation advice on getting to Port Everglades.......

jojot

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice please.............:confused:

Can you advise how easy it is to drive from International Drive, Orlando to Port Everglades??

Also what car hire company would you recommend?

Or does anyone know of a shuttle company that runs from Int Drive, Orlando to Port Everglades and that doesnt cost a fortune??

Thanks in advance

Joanne

Scotland

xx

Are you sure you didn't mean Port Canaveral????

Orlando to Port Everglades is a good 200 miles. I wouldn't even want to guess what that transportation bill would be:eek:!!!! If this is where you truly are going, renting a car may be your cheapest option.

My apologies if you meant Port Everglades. Maybe someone else can chime in here with more help:p!!!

Yeah its Port Everglades, going on the Oasis in August and thats where we have been told that it docks..... Is that correct?

We are spending 4 days in Orlando before we cruise then back to Orlando for another couple of days before heading home

Thanks

Jo

As others have said, renting a car would be best, DO NOT go down I-95, use the Turnpike, should be around $8 for tolls. Take the Turnpike from Orlando to I-595 East in Fort Lauderdale, follow the signs to the pier. (It is just past the airport.)

I-95 is a mess in Jupiter/Palm Beach area due to construction. Speed limit is 70mph on the turnpike, you can do 75mph and not get pulled over but I wouldn't go much faster as the police like having fundraisers :rolleyes:

Car service will run you around $ 175-$ 225 each way...just do a one way rental from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale so you don't have to pay for parking for the week and do a one way back from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando...the rental car vans will drop you off and pick you up right at the Oasis...

Thanks for the advice guys.......

Do you recommend any companies to go with?

I dont need the rental car until my 5th day into my holiday so im not going to get it at the airport

Thanks

Jo

x

Most large hotels, and some of the smaller ones, in Orlando have rental cars right at the hotel. Check with the one you will be staying at and see if they do. If that is the case, rent it there, if you can. You may have to drop it off at the Fort Lauderdale Airport though. They should have shuttle to take you to the port. If not, it is a cheap taxi ride there. Returning, you may also have to get over to the airport yo pick up the car for your drive back to Orlando.

Archived