Question RE: Dream Library

Sinjan

I tried searching, but only found one brief reference that didn't really answer my question.

Has anyone used the library on the Dream? How does it work? Is it easy to use? Is there a large selection?

I'm a big reader and will probably spend most of the two sea days kicked back in the Serenity area with a book and a frozen foo-foo drink. Would really prefer not to have to bring books from home, but can easily read one or more books in a day.

TIA for all info anyone can provide.

I tried searching, but only found one brief reference that didn't really answer my question.

Has anyone used the library on the Dream? How does it work? Is it easy to use? Is there a large selection?

I'm a big reader and will probably spend most of the two sea days kicked back in the Serenity area with a book and a frozen foo-foo drink. Would really prefer not to have to bring books from home, but can easily read one or more books in a day.

TIA for all info anyone can provide.

I'd plan on bringing books with me. The hours most ship's libraries have their cases are open are rather sparce. And you can't guarantee you'll find something you want to read.

Unfortunately, on Carnival as the ships get larger, the library gets smaller. There was a nice one on the Holiday class ships, nice but smaller on Fantasy, much smaller but busy on Splendor, and pitifully small on Dream. I was on the TA, there was not much selection, and often it was occupied by a meeting of Friends of Bill W. And as has been mentioned, the hours there is someone there to lend out books are limited. There is no dedicated librarian, just someone from the entertainment staff. There is usually an area where you can 'trade' books that you have read for something someone else has left. EM

The selection in the ship's libraries is limited to be nice. The books they do have to me were boring. On RCL they have a paperback section with recent books that people can swap out or some system, no such on Carnival.

I bring my own paperbacks that I select. I like mysteries.

We just got off the Dream and there aren't many books in their library. They have a paperback swap which has some books, but nothing that interested me.

They do have a good selection of games though.

Really, then the library has improved if they had recent good paperbacks to read. I wondered why they had such awful books to pick from that they must have gotten them at a sale.

Archived