Miami hotels

We are looking at going on another cruise out of Miami in November. I was completely shocked on our last cruise out of Miami as we were leaving the parking decks and we were told it was $20/day because we were told it would be $10/day when we booked through RC. The parking attendant told me she hears that from a lot of people so it wasn't just a communication error between myself and the person I booked with. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone here has stayed at a hotel where they allow you to leave your car during your cruise. I just cant see paying $140 for parking if there is another way around it. Thanks for any response!!!!

I am bumping this back up since I got no response and I was going to change the title but not sure how. Anyhow, I would like to know if anyone knows of a hotel in Miami that allows you to leave your car while on your cruise to avoid the parking deck fees. We did this in Port Canaveral many times but have only left from Miami once. Hopefully I don't get flamed for this:o

Apparently, there are some "stay and park" places....I've never driven to Miami, so I can't help with which hotels...sorry! But I have seen threads about it....have you checked the "Port of Call" boards? You may be able to find an old thread with some info that will help!

We have stayed at the La Quinta on Le Jeune Rd. in Miami 3 times and left our car there (free) while we cruised. They shuttled us to the port free, but we had to take a taxi back to the hotel. Cost around $30.00

If interested the phone # is 305-871-1777 It has been a year and a half since we stayed there.

Worth checking into, and good luck.

Many of the hotels in Miami charge you to park. We look at it as for the 3 of us, it is cheaper and convenient, than the airlines and it is just part of the price of the cruise. However, you might just start calling soome of the hotels, especially around the airport area, and see if they will allow it. Very seldom is it advertised. Also, do not call the 800 number, but the actual hotel.

Archived