Vancouver questions

I have lots of questions... Please help.

We will be in Vancouver post cruise. Our cruise ends at 7:30am and we have to be at the train station later that afternoon for a 5:45pm departure. We really wanted to see Stanley Park, maybe visit the Aquarium and then see Grouse Mountain (if nice weather) and the Capilano bridge. (I had planned to spend one night and fly out the next, but Delta cancelled our flight and we now are leaving out of Seattle.)

Now, my dilema... do we have time to do Grouse Mtn, Capilano bridge, AND Stanley Park?

If not, if it's nice out, do you recommend skipping Stanley Park OR Grouse Mtn?

Since we have such little time, not really interested in other sight seeing such as shopping, Gastown, Chinatown, etc. Our interests include nature and wildife.

Depending on itinerary... how do I get there? Taxi , bus, or trolley?

Where is the train station ? How long does it take to get there and how early do I need to get there?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

If poor weather skip Goruse Mountain, you would not be able to see anything from the peak if the clouds are down at the bottom of the Mountain! Getting to Stanley Park is easy: Exit the cruise terminal and turn right and walk about 1 Kilometer and there you are! You might however prefer to take a bus or a cab!:p To get back to the station get to the Skytrain -Rapid Transit- and take the Expo line to Main Street Station. The Railway station is across the street. I would skip 1 of the 3 destinations if you just have 1 day, you might just be a little rushed! If you come to the North Shore for Capilano Bridge and Grouse Mountain, beware! There is a bus that can take you there but it does not run every minute, and so you could wind up waiting a long time! Cabs would be the best idea. In so far as I have read here, you may be able to go to the Station and check your bags for the day, save schelpping them around with you!

We will be in Vancouver post cruise. Our cruise ends at 7:30am and we have to be at the train station later that afternoon for a 5:45pm departure. We really wanted to see Stanley Park, maybe visit the Aquarium and then see Grouse Mountain (if nice weather) and the Capilano bridge. (I had planned to spend one night and fly out the next, but Delta cancelled our flight and we now are leaving out of Seattle.)

personally i would leave my bags at Canada place and go walk around Stanley Park and eat there. if the weather is good you can take the seabus and hen some other bus up the mt and do the bridge and hte mt first- come down to Stanley Park and walk around and have a late lunch there.

Now, my dilema... do we have time to do Grouse Mtn, Capilano bridge, AND Stanley Park?

Since we have such little time, not really interested in other sight seeing such as shopping, Gastown, Chinatown, etc. Our interests include nature and wildife.

Where is the train station ? How long does it take to get there and how early do I need to get there?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

can not help with the train station but the hotel above hte ship can and will. if bad weather i woyuld have a Plan B.

You are going to have about 6 hrs to spend it Vancouver by the time that you have cleared Canadian cutoms and found a place to check you luggage. As for luggage checking you have the option of using Priority Luggage service at the pier or taking it to one of the nearby hotels and giving a bellman a tip to hold it for you.

I would suggest that you will have time to either have a real good time of exploring Stanley Park, at 1,000 acres you will only have scratched the surface of it. Or you can head for the North Shore and do the Grouse Mtn. Skyride, the suspension bridge and perhaps even the Capilano Fish Hatchery. To get to the mountain and supension, turn left from Canada Place and head for the Waterfront Station, catch the SeaBus and then at Londsdale Quay transfer to a #236, Grouse Mountain bus. Save your transfer as each of the these attrations are only 5 mins apart on the same bus lline. Just reverse the process coming back.

The SkyTrain from Waterfront Station will take you to the Main Street Station, which while across the street from the Pacific Central Station is about a short block because there is small park in front of the PC Stn. Allow yourself about 30 mins from Waterfront to PC Stn.

There is an all day pass for transit that you can purchase from a fare vendor inside Waterfront Station for $9.00.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Just my opinion. If you like nature and have time, walk the seawall at least partway around Stanley Park. It's a long walk, but you'll get to see so much of Vancouver from the water and it's stunning in every direction.

Viv

Archived