Putting copyright logo on pictures

I am somewhat tech challenged, but take lots of pictures. Some of them get posted on forums, usually from Photobucket. I use Kodak EasyShare software (although I am currently shooting Pentax cameras). Although I shot with SLR pre-digital, I have no desire to go that route yet. My problem is that I need to put a little copyright logo on my pictures. Not that they are anything special, but they are MINE. I joined cruisedeckplans.com earlier this year, and have thought about submitting cabin pictures to them, but have not. However Friday I was surfing their cabins pictures for my next cruise, and decided to look at ship I have sailed on. Lo and behold, I found pictures that I had taken of cabins on Oosterdam, Westerdam, and Carnival Splendor. I don't mind them being there, but it gripes me that someone else got paid $.50 each for submitting them. So, how can I put that little label on my pictures?

Thanks, EM

I am somewhat tech challenged, but take lots of pictures. Some of them get posted on forums, usually from Photobucket. I use Kodak EasyShare software (although I am currently shooting Pentax cameras). Although I shot with SLR pre-digital, I have no desire to go that route yet. My problem is that I need to put a little copyright logo on my pictures. Not that they are anything special, but they are MINE. I joined cruisedeckplans.com earlier this year, and have thought about submitting cabin pictures to them, but have not. However Friday I was surfing their cabins pictures for my next cruise, and decided to look at ship I have sailed on. Lo and behold, I found pictures that I had taken of cabins on Oosterdam, Westerdam, and Carnival Splendor. I don't mind them being there, but it gripes me that someone else got paid $.50 each for submitting them. So, how can I put that little label on my pictures?

Thanks, EM

Google's Picasa has an option for adding a watermark to images as you export them. I use the export feature to resize images for posting and adding a copyright tag is as easy as typing it into the box provided:

p478663256.jpg

FYI, the Copyright (©) symbol can be enteredby holding down the <ALT> key and typing 0169.

Dave

I assume it is OK to put a copyright stamp on something even if you have no business or anything? Just to show they are your own pictures? That is something I was kind of wondering about as well.

©2010 your name here All Rights Reserved

It is your photo! The rights to it belong to you.

Dave

Do you have to paste that on each photo? I use PaintShop Pro 8... is there an auto setting that stamps each photo?

Do you have to paste that on each photo? I use PaintShop Pro 8... is there an auto setting that stamps each photo?

You can do it automatically with Paint Shop Pro X3, but will probably have to do them one at a time in PSP 8.0. you can get some freeware auto watermarking programs at this link

http://wareseeker.com/free-auto-watermark-script/

[url=http://wareseeker.com/free-auto-watermark-script/][/url]

Using Picasa is a great idea for adding copyright to your photos. The program is free from Google so it would not require an additional investment. Since you would probably want to resize your photos before posting them online, Picasa allows you to do both actions in one operation and as a batch operation. One nice feature is that Picasa will adjust the color of the text to either black or white depending on the backgroud color of the photo. The one thing that Picasa will not let you do, however, is use fancy fonts and graphics.

Picasa has a very nice website where you can post free web albums. When you post an album the photos are automatically resized and you have the option to add a watermark.

Archived