Question about shorter cruises

carlyshenk

We're sailing on Century in November on a five day cruise, actually it's two five day cruises back to back. We're elite Captain's Club members...do we get the same benefits as we would on longer cruises? I'm mostly interested in the 90 minutes of free internet.

Yes you still get the free internet and laundry. The only real difference is there is just one Captains Club party instead of two. Also just one formal night instead of 2 or 3. They still have the brunch, bridge tours, galley tours, wine tasting or blending, etc.

We're sailing on Century in November on a five day cruise, actually it's two five day cruises back to back. We're elite Captain's Club members...do we get the same benefits as we would on longer cruises? I'm mostly interested in the 90 minutes of free internet.

We are also cruising on Century in November. Unfortunately longer cruises do not have more benefits than the shorter ones.

You get the same laundry, pressing, dry cleaning, & internet coupons on a 14 day cruise that are available on a five day cruise.

Perhaps we will be toasting the benefits in Michael's.

I am certain someone will correct me if I am wrong, :rolleyes:, but I believe the main difference between a b2b and a longer cruise is that on the b2b the menus are repeated. For me, that is a negative. Otherwise, I love b2bs.

Anne :)

I am certain someone will correct me if I am wrong, :rolleyes:, but I believe the main difference between a b2b and a longer cruise is that on the b2b the menus are repeated. For me, that is a negative. Otherwise, I love b2bs.

Anne :)

Yes the menu's are repeated. Not necessarily a bad thing since the first night and formal night (usually the second night) are two of the best menus - even on a 14 night cruise. It is like going to Murano more than once. The same exact menu, but oh so nice !!!!

Three 4/5 night cruises actually have many more benefits than one 14 night cruise. Three potential visits to the Captains table instad of one, three brunches, three wine blendings, etc. The only downside is the Elite lounge is closed both morning and evening of the in-transit days.

A definate plus is that you would get 270 minutes of free internet (3 x 90 minute coupons) VS 90 minutes on the 14 night cruise. Celebrity REALLY needs to adopt the Azamara benefit of 30 minute PER DAY !!!!

Another benefit is significantly faster accumulation of Captains Club credits. With Concierge or above, six credits for the short cruises VS only 3 for the 2 weeks cruise:)

We are also cruising on Century in November. Unfortunately longer cruises do not have more benefits than the shorter ones.

You get the same laundry, pressing, dry cleaning, & internet coupons on a 14 day cruise that are available on a five day cruise.

I would love to be cruising with you! But, we will be cruising on November 22 and 27. I would love to meet you and learn from your knowledge of Celebrity cruises. We have never sailed fewer than 10 nights on Celebrity. And we didn't know what would be included on a shorter cruise.

Thanks to everyone for answering my question. I know it doesn't seem fair. But I'm so happy we get all the Elite benefits.

I would love to be cruising with you! But, we will be cruising on November 22 and 27. I would love to meet you and learn from your knowledge of Celebrity cruises. We have never sailed fewer than 10 nights on Celebrity. And we didn't know what would be included on a shorter cruise.

Thanks to everyone for answering my question. I know it doesn't seem fair. But, I'm so happy we get all the Elite benefits.

Does this mean that if you are in CC-1, that you get a bottle of bubbly on both embarkation days?

Yes but you miss the Michael's club social hour on turn-around days.

Archived