Royal Princess question

NYLady

We will be on Royal Princess next month in Alaska and would like to know more about the ship. In particular, I'm wondering whether there are any thermal therapy areas. I enjoy buying a cruise pass for thermal areas on ships that have them but, given the small size of the Royal (like the Oceania cruises we have been on), I'm thinking there may not be anything like that on the Royal.

We have been on some of the bigger ships recently and I must admit I'm looking forward to some of the intimacy of a smaller size.

If you enjoyed Oceania than you know the ship pretty well. The only downside to Princess small ship cruising is the lack of anytime dining. On the plus side for the Royal they make the lido look pretty good at night.

I was on the Royal for its maiden voyage with Princess so Thermal Suites weren't the rage. Like you I doubt that there is anywhere on Royal to hide a stone bed.

Exactly...but I believe I read somewhere there is a thalasso therapy pool. Do you know anything about that? Perhaps it is located inside the spa area (on a deck area) where Insignia has a large jacuzzi?

An additional question for those familiar with the Royal - how are the beds? I ask because I heard the mattresses are not as comfortable as on other Princess ships. Hopefully, this is not so.

...An additional question for those familiar with the Royal - how are the beds? I ask because I heard the mattresses are not as comfortable as on other Princess ships. Hopefully, this is not so.

Yikes! The beds on the other ships are not comfortable at all in my book. Can't imagine it being any worse than them! :eek: I was hoping the smaller ships would have better beds!

We will be on Royal Princess next month in Alaska and would like to know more about the ship. In particular, I'm wondering whether there are any thermal therapy areas. I enjoy buying a cruise pass for thermal areas on ships that have them but, given the small size of the Royal (like the Oceania cruises we have been on), I'm thinking there may not be anything like that on the Royal.

For pictures of the Ocean Princess which is almost identical to the Royal, go to http://fp.caribill.com/ .

Pictures 030 and 031 on the "Inside" tab show the Lotus Spa Thalassotherapy pool and lounges near it. This is an extra cost (daily or cruise long charge) area. Looks the same on the Royal.

Caribill,

Thank you so much. That is exactly what I wanted to know!

Now, I wonder about the beds.

DrivesLikeMario,

I find the beds on the Princess cruises I have been on to be very comfortable (Caribbean Princess and Diamond Princess). A couple of years ago, before I had been on any Princess ships, I read alot about uncomfortable beds on Princess. In fact, the trip I took on Caribbean Princess was not really to see the Caribbean but to check out Princess in general, but particularly the beds. Everything was great, including the beds. Someone has also suggested that mattress in the entire fleet have been changed and that this could account for the discrepancies. I'm hoping to hear from someone that has been on Royal within the last couple of years to let me know if the beds are relatively comfortable or if they are "hard as a rock."

Thanks again Caribill...

I was on the Royal 4/10-4/24 the beds were excellent. Very comfortable

I like a firm bed and was very happy but even my husband who likes it a little softer said that the bed was very good. Hope this puts your mind at ease and enjoy your cruise

Pat

Archived