Party bar like Senor Frogs or Carlos&Charlies

pirate52

I am wondering if there are any party bars like Senor Frogs. We had so much fun in Cozumel. Have only been to St Thomas once and didn't have much time after the tour we took. Thanks.

Duffy's Love Shack http://www.duffysloveshack.com/

or Island Time Pub in Red Hook. or Latitude 18, a little passed Red Hook off a dirt road, just a roof over a bar and some tables by the seawall. And if you really feel the need to go corporate, there's a Hooters in Havensight.

There is Wikked and Fat Turtle at the Yacht Haven Grande. Or you can go up to the Paradise Point Tramway and they have a beautiful view up at the top with a bar. The Bushwackers are awesome if you go up to the top of Paradise Point Tramway. If you go on their website you can print off a coupon for $1 off your drink!! Enjoy your time in St. Thomas, I love it there got married their in 2007!!

• 3 weeks later...

We've got lots of bars and many are open during the day but party scene is more night-time. If you've got a group of friends though, you head to the bar and make your own party. ;)

Princessbirde - Duffys is in Red Hook, on the East End of St. Thomas. You need to take a taxi from teh cruise ship dock. Sapphire Beach is about a 2 minute drive from Red Hook (and Duffys and various other bars and restaurants also located in the same area, check out a video about Red Hook for an idea of the area:

).

--Islander

Sapphire is a nice beach, sandy shore on one side - the side where you can swim. The other half of the beach is a rocky shoreline and the water area is rocky and super shallow. Its swimming around this shallow area that provides nice snorkeling if you were interested. Water is typically calm to mild waves. If you were only really interested in great water for swimming and wanted to stick close to Red Hook then how about trying Lindquist Beach. There aren't any amenities there like chairs, food/drink as yet. (Check out a video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hel5jd02vnA.) You could hang out there and then arrange for the taxi that takes you there to return at a set time and take you to Red Hook for lunch and to head to Duffys Bar if you wanted to go there too.

--Islander

We went to Duffy's a few years ago and while we were there we heard stories about the wild nights spent at the bar. However, in the daytime it was a very quiet place. It was in a parking lot and not on the beach if that makes a difference to you. The wings and quesadillas were excellent and we really enjoyed our lunch at Duffy's.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We will be in havensite as our ship docks there.. how far away is red hook and is it walkable or do we need a cab? Also we were thinking of going to sapphire beach, is that in the right area?

Actually they have just opened up a Senor' Frogs at Havensight - saw it in February. Looks like a lively place - will know for sure when I stop there this coming Wednesday!

When My wife and I were on our honeymoon cruise we docked in Puerto Rico late in the afternoon, with us leaving late at night, I think it was 11 or midnight. The ship recommended visiting Senior Frogs. She had never been to San Juan and it was a long time for me, so after walking around Old San Juan we found our way to Senior Frogs. We walked in and it looked like a prepetual spring break party, along with crazy drunkeness, people dancing on the tables and about a million of those foot long plastic glasses of beer.

We turned to each other and said "No way" and walked out and back to the ship. Don't get me wrong, we are not old, and like having a good time, but we out grew that after we left college. The scene there was definately not for us. For along time I was glad St. Thomas did have a place like this.

I won't be back on The Rock till maybe the Fall, our Summer trip got cancelled when airfares skyrocketed, however, I am willing to give it a try.

Scott

O2b- I have to laugh at the Hooter's because my parents were back about 2 years ago, went with my Aunt and Uncle and after a day at the beach etc didn't feel like going any place "fancy" for dinner. I probably would have headed over to a place like Iggies (unless it was Wednesday during the Tourist..errrr I mean Caribbean night) Instead, they went to Hooter's and actually said they had a nice meal there. It wasn't crazy or noisy since all the ships had left and they relaxed and enjoyed the evening.

Scott

Archived