Oil Spill

[quote name='arush5268d']Maybe to help delay re-implementation of the fuel supplement Carnival ships could skim the oil off of the surface as they go through the oil and use that on board for the engines.[/quote]
Not funny. This oil spill could become more important than all the cruise ships in the gulf and then some.

[quote name='James in SA']The box did not work. It clogged up with methane ice crystals. If nothing else works until the 3 months it takes to do the relief well there will not be a single beach in the gulf region that will be worth visiting. This is already a catastrophe... 3 more months would be cataclysmic. :( This is a very sad situation.[/quote]
Indeed. Indeed it is.

[quote name='arush5268d']There's not a beach on the Texas / LA / MI coast worth visiting anyways, IMHO.[/quote]

I dont think there is a single Gulf beach in Michigan I would want to visit either.

But, Mississippi (MS) has 60 miles of beautiful white sand beaches. It is the longest man-made beach in the world. I will agree the water is not the pretty blue (thanks to the Mississippi River) and the barrier Islands, but they help protect from hurricanes.

Ok..I see someone else corrected this...
I grew up going to the Miss Coast every year, so I get very defenisive.

Archived