Need Recommendation for Private Tour - Pisa/Florence

sabound

We are booked with RIL for Rome and Naples but I am very upset that after initially receiving a confirmation 24 hours later I got another email indicating they can not accommodate us in Port of Livorno as they are overbooked.

Any other recommendations we want a private tour so we can make a SHORT stop for a couple in the group to see Pisa and then onto Florence for the day.

Thanks

I can't exactly give a "recommendation," as I haven't used him yet myself -- but we're scheduled to use Sunflower Tours (Giovanni Sirabella) for a private tour of Pisa and Florence later this month. I did find past cruisers' recommendations for him before I booked, so I'm confident that it will be a great experience.

The website is http://sunflower-tours.com/index.htm.

We did exactly what you are mentioning last year on our Med cruise using allarounditaly.net. We worked with the owner Fabrizio to customize our day to our liking, he was very accomodating and helpful. We used them at each of our Italy stops and he was wonderful. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Our excursion left the ship early in the morning (right at 7), made a stop at Pisa (we climbed the tower), and then went on to Florence for the rest of the day. If you would like to climb the Leaning Tower you should purchase your ticket in advance. In Florence, Fabrizio reserved our tickets for Accademia so there was no waiting.

We had 2 tours with allarounditaly.com last week in Rome and Florence and both were terrific. You will see so much more than you could ever see on a ship's tour. Both vans were immaculate Mercedes, and both drivers were knowledgeable, fluent in English, and made for perfect tours.

In Livorno, we used Alessandro Cammilli. He lives in Florence and gives tours as a hobby. He filled our day with a visit to Florence, we walked to some of the highlights- Ponte Vecchio, Accademia, Duomo, etc. Then we headed to a winery in Greve in Tuscany and to finish our day, we had a chance to take photos at the Leaning Tower of Pisa. He made for a very adventurous day. He is very funny and really loves his homeland. He is willing to customize the tour to accommodate what you want to see and do. alecamma@hotmail.com

We had 2 tours with allarounditaly.com last week in Rome and Florence and both were terrific. You will see so much more than you could ever see on a ship's tour. Both vans were immaculate Mercedes, and both drivers were knowledgeable, fluent in English, and made for perfect tours.

we used allarounditaly.com also, they are the best!!!!

andrea in rome and sabrina in livorno!

i agree with fritzF they are great and the vans were immaculate!!!

We are booked with RIL for Rome and Naples but I am very upset that after initially receiving a confirmation 24 hours later I got another email indicating they can not accommodate us in Port of Livorno as they are overbooked.

Any other recommendations we want a private tour so we can make a SHORT stop for a couple in the group to see Pisa and then onto Florence for the day.

Thanks

Just got back. Also had trouble booking with RIL. We went with www.allarounditaly.com We did exactly what you suggest from LaSpezia. We went to Pisa for pictures and then to Florence for a good deal of the time. We had Sabrina who also knew where to find the best gelato in all of Italy. Excellent tour, no rush, do what you want. Very into making it the best possible tour for you and IMHO, is a 5 star operation. Was around 100 euros per person for 6 people for the entire day. Never a worry about getting back to the ship on time.

Archived