one night precruise Civitavecchia hotel

CJcruzer

am trying to decide between Hotel Traiano or Hotel Bramante for 1 night pre-cruise Civitavecchia .... we have spent 1 week in Rome already 1-1/2 years ago, and since this is a longer cruise, coming in the day before just to relax from jet lag ----

any advice or experience with these hotels appreciated.

We just stayed at the Hotel Bramante a two weeks ago. It is very clean and comfortable. The staff speak excellent English, and went out of their way to help us follow up with Alitalia and our lost luggage.

The only possible downside is that the hotel is not in the center of town, but it is not isolated by any means and there are several good restaurants in walking distance. They also provide complimentary transportation to the pier.

I was very happy with the Bramante and would stay there again for a pre or post cruise night.

Might I suggest the Hotel Miramare. Overlooks the sea and more central to town center. Equally rated to the others you have mentioned. Large, spacious, clean rooms. Excellent staff. Restaurants within easy walking distance.

We stayed in the Traiano and were very happy with it. It's not in the centre of town but the restaurant they recommended was only 15 mins away and was excellent - Italian owner married to an English woman, sorry can't remember the name :o

They run a free shuttle to the ship but make sure you book your slot. We didn't realise we had to do this and were left with the only time they had which was 9.30, so we sat in the port for a while before we boarded :rolleyes:

does anyone have thoughts on san giorgio, dela ville, or mediterraneo hotels ? ...............anyone rented car in fco [ airport ] and returned car in civi ???? ............thoughts on restaurants in civi .....................we too are looking at avoiding rome pre cruise and doing a few days in civi , maybe driving north to puerto ercole and /or ruins /etc ...........we were in civi last fall for a day and did not go to rome with the masses , but rather walked the town.....granted it ain't on list 1001 places to see before xxxxx, but did seem clean, peaceful, friendly, etc and perhalps worth a try for the convenience factor if nothing else........nice place to decompress after the oh so humbling trans atlantic air trip LOL!!!!

2 years ago we rented from the Hertz office right at the pier in Civitavecchia - for the weekend, returned it at the airport Hertz office...no problem - just make sure you mention that's what you want to do when placing the booking, and doublecheck again when picking up the vehicle....at the airport he wanted to charge a surcharge, but I showed him my booking and the receipt from the Civitavecchia office .....

We stayed here the beginning of May, a beautiful hotel on the top of a hill overlooking Rome. They have a beautiful outdoor pool area for relaxing and wondeful breakfast buffet on the hotel rooftop in the morning. English speaking staff, an hour of internet access is free. Would definately stay there again.

2 years ago we rented from the Hertz office right at the pier in Civitavecchia - for the weekend, returned it at the airport Hertz office...no problem - just make sure you mention that's what you want to do when placing the booking, and doublecheck again when picking up the vehicle....at the airport he wanted to charge a surcharge, but I showed him my booking and the receipt from the Civitavecchia office .....

thanks for the info .........anyone care to weigh in on parking at any of the properties mentioned ???????????/ bty..think brabante is now borgo del mare.........

Archived