Carnival Splendor Tips

Hey guys, I am sailing on the Carnival Splendor in June, and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for me when I go on my cruise?

Just remember to relax and enjoy the cruise. 1st 2 days are cold so catch up on your sleep!

You can find what is being served in the dinning room on the interactive TV.

Use deck 5 and 9 to travel across the ship.

On the back of the capers, it will show what will be playing on the big screen TV.

Bring lots of Sun tan Lotion... The Mexico Sun is hot hot hot...

Hey guys, I am sailing on the Carnival Splendor in June, and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for me when I go on my cruise?

There are so many... If you like latin music, the Latina Fiesta show is a must-see (if they still have it). The FIRST pool party is the best so don't miss it. The midnight Mexican buffet is aweome (I think it's on the second pool party night). The Indian place (Tabdoor, I believe) is great if you like Indian food. Don't miss the rotisserie (spell check please) place cuz it's sorta hidden and many people don't even know it exists.

Last, but not the least, check out my Splendor videos before you go. The link is below.

Our voyage aboard Splendor was modified due to Hurricane Jemina, but I think you'll learn alot about the ship and what to expect in my rather lengthy review -- you can find it following the link in my signature block.

Have a wonderful cruise! We did!

expect the first two sea days to be cold in June? I guess I'll have to take a parka and mittens in October when I'm on the Splendor?

Actually October is pretty hot... The hottest months in California are usually the end of the summer ie.. August, September, October... So, the first day will not be a blazer but, you sure will not need a parka :D

I have to second the India food and the burrito bar was pretty good. Plenty of things to do and see during your trip!

Try and make it to the "world tour". It's a pub crawl with the entertainment staff. A great time was had by all. Second the call on the Rotisserie. Don't miss the mac and cheese. One thing that was kind of a bummer was that ESPN in the sports bar was ESPN Deportes and is not available on the tv in your cabin. Was slightly rough on a sports junkie like myself.

It was nice and warm when I went in March for the first two days. The entire cruise had perfect weather!! Never even needed a light jacket in the middle of the night.

I sure scorched myself in Puerto Vallerta and I rarely burn so TONS of sunblock!!

Lots of small bills to pay people in ports- no one ever has change :)

You will LOVE it!!!! Have Fun!! Pics of my Splendor cruise in my signature.

Yes, October can be very warm in So Cal. Nothing like the midwest or east at this time (good football weather, as they say there)

Usually its nice and warm on the 1st day at sea. No matter what the temp, by the time you're going by Los Cabos around noon on the 2nd day it'll be plenty warm.

Loved the aft adult pool and jacuzzis. Open to the sea with a bar and food nearby. Just perfect. :)

If you like Mongolian Grill go the first days of your cruise. I've waited in line for a half hour towards the end when eveyone discovered it.

If they still have the cooking demonstration on the last sea day, don't miss it. You will find out about it in the capers and must call to reserve a spot. It's held in the supper club and after each course is cooked samples and recipes are passed out to all. It was entertaining and delicious. It was held mid morning.

Go on the ship tour on the first day if you'd like a quick lesson on how to find the different rooms and venues.

There are tables set up in Puerta Vallarta that were close to the ship as you got off where "private" companies offer tours for $25. I did this and was given an all day tour of the city in a small air conditioned van with plenty of stops to see the sights. The Mazatlan company is in the building that has shops right down the road from the ship.

Relax and enjoy one of my favorite ships.

Archived