HMC - 2 stops

Krazy Kruizers

On several of our 7 day back-to-back cruises, we always end up visiting HMC - for example - on a Saturday, then go into Ft Lauderdale on Sunday, then HMC on Monday. The stops are too close together.

We are fortunate that on our up-coming 10 day back-to-back cruises, HMC is the last stop in each segment before we hear back into Ft Lauderdale.

Over the last couple of years we booked cruises that had Grand Turk and Caicos listed on the original itineraries. But within a month or two, the schedule was changed and the Turks and Caicos were dropped.

Now I see that on some of the Noordam's sailing's in 2006 out of New York, The Turks and Caicos are listed.

If they're going to stop twice at HMC, they should spread the chairs MUCH further down the beach. A private island is not much fun when 3,000 or more people are crowded into the first few hundred yards of beach.

HAL should use the whole beachfront to create a better experience for those stopping. If they would do that, I would love to go there twice on a cruise. Otherwise, if two ships are in port, forget it, I'm not getting off again.

Beth

I commented on this after our August Zuiderdam sailing...this is absolutely true, IMHO. THey should have the chairs spread out already to encourage people to spread out a bit. Yes, the savvy CCer's know they can move the chairs, but most people will stay where the chairs are. When two ships are there it must be sooo crowded in that particular area. I understand keeping charis grouped tightly reduces the area of beach that must be cleaned due to some inconsiderate a**** leaving their trash in paradise, but why leave all that area untouched? Possibly for photo ops?

Nikki

Hmm, that would have added about 10 more days to our R/T San Diego cruise, so YEAH!, I'm in favor of that. :rolleyes:

y'know, I had to reread your comment and my own comment a couple of times to get what you were saying! then I giggled thinking that would be real interesting itinerary for Europe don't you think? Greece, Rome, Croatia....HMC!

lol!

:D

Without Tessa.

Some of the repositioning cruises do combine Europe with HMC. Last Nov. we left Barcelona on the Westerdam and after other stops in Europe, Africa, the Atlantic and the Caribbean we ended up at HMC just prior to returning to FLL.

The only problem was there were two Vitsa ships there at the same time - Westerdam and Zuiderdam - which made it pretty crowded.

We knew that was going to be the case and had a sense of dread. But as I look back on it, our enjoyment of HMC wasn't significantly diminished. It was a wonderful, relaxing way to end a wonderful, relaxing cruise.

Any time there are 2 ships at HMC, we stay on the ship - especially when our ship has arrived 2 hours later than the other ship and we can see lots of people already on the beach.

Thankfully we have never been there when there were 2 Vista class ships - really must be mobbed in certain areas.

KK,

Do not know yet. Maybe we can cross paths again, it will be a hoot(??).

Unfortunately the people we cruise with (G and R) were very desilusioned, they are trying other lines. They were not on the 3 day, they went on a BtoB after we came back.

Jorge

Archived